Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the MBRP, and liked it fine.
I am looking @ going with Alm. cat back.
What do you prefer & why?

What are the differances other the the name.

Thanks in advance.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
That's a tough choice, honestly I think it would come down to price, which I think MBRP would win.

I went with magnaflow mainly because MBRP didn't offer stainless on their 5" kits. The fit n finish is great on my magnaflow though, and it came with all the parts to use the cat, or to delete it. When driving normal it is not too loud, but gets loud when you want it, nice and deep tone.

I don't think you would go wrong with either kit, only thing to look at I suppose other than price would be how the tailpipe exists.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 20003 EX with a 6.0 and was wondering if a true 4" down pipe would fit and does it really flow any better than a 3.5" ? Has anyone gone the route of a 3.5" down pipe, cat delete and no muffler with factory pipe (is the factory pipe 3.5"?) ? How did it flow (egt's?) ? How did it sound? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have the magna flow and like it........ never used the other...

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I like the MBRP, but do a turbo back, like I have said before, if you do cat back, you may as well save your money and not do an exhaust, the cat is the biggest restriction of the exhaust system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Abrannan19,
My tailpipe and muffler are rusty from 1st owner. I don't
want to mess with the down pipe. That is reason for
asking on cat back only.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had a 5in turbo back Magnaflow on my cummins and it was a nice exhaust. It was the top of the line magnaflow, but I bought it used off a buddy for $500. They are expensive. My next exhaust for my F250 will be MBRP cool duals. I think they are both BA systems, just comes down to price

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I like the MBRP, but do a turbo back, like I have said before, if you do cat back, you may as well save your money and not do an exhaust, the cat is the biggest restriction of the exhaust system.
Yup, I made the "mistake" of for the first few months after I got mine all installed of keeping the cat on it. It made a slight difference going from a stock exhaust to a 4" downpipe and then 5" pipe from the cat back. However taking out the cat of that system was a Night and Day difference.

·
Go Big or Go Home!!!
523 Posts
I have MBRP cool-duals and love them awesome fit and finish and sound great!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 20003 EX with a 6.0 and was wondering if a true 4" down pipe would fit and does it really flow any better than a 3.5" ? Has anyone gone the route of a 3.5" down pipe, cat delete and no muffler with factory pipe (is the factory pipe 3.5"?) ? How did it flow (egt's?) ? How did it sound? Thanks in advance.
no the factory down pipe is not 3.5" its smaller and is crushed is 3 spots which causes a restricted flow. i put the 3.5" down pipe on mine followed with a 4". it sounds great. its a MBRP, verry nice fit and finish. its harder to get the factory system out then install the new system

·
Registered
94 Posts
I installed the 4" kit in an evening in the driveway with no problem. I wish that I would have put the muffler delete in though.

·
Cincy Powerstroke
124 Posts
Just put an MBRP 4in on mine and it sounds and looks great! the install wasnt bad at all, hardest part like someone said is taking the old one off!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts