Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took the tune off my truck because of tranny acting up and it's even worse stock slips 3rd bad and is really slow goin into reverse any ideas

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it is tranny time. Mine did the same thing and it wasnt good. I actually broke the low/reverse hub assembly which in-turn I had no reverse or 1st or 2nd gear. I ended up with a Precision Industries billet converter, billet input shaft and billet low/reverse hub and a EDE Comp Trans Kit. I bought it all from Elite Diesel besides the converter.

What codes are you getting??

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
no. if your reverse is going you need the low/reverse hub. ive heard of ppl using the 6.0 low/reverse hub. forget where i read it. whats your tc slip?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
give us more info about your truck. mileage? tune you were running? etc. def sounds like you need a whole trans

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an 08 I've had it since 09 it's had 20000 on it now I have 79000.its a cc .i have rcd tune since 2 weeks after I got it . I just put then 345 tune on Friday the tranny has shifted hard since I could remember but never missed a beat and after the 345 I couldn't get it to shift right so I put it stock now it's worse. All it has is exhaust and intake with the livewire if I missed something just ask I'll give u guys any info I can and thanx for all those that are helPing out. Hope 1 of u vets can figure this out for me

·
Diesel newbie!
88 Posts
Did you try another tune? I think if it truly crapped out on you then you will see the same results with other tunes. I might be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
do you race with it or tow? i would def be looking into a new trans though or rebuild kits. clutches/low/reverse hub/tc/shiftkit. if you have someone that can rebuild a trans id go that way. if not i think an elite trans is about 6-7k? no idea what shipping is on one. the low/reverse hub will take care of the reason why its going into reverse slow and the other codes you gave are all tc clutch codes. can you monitor tc slip while driving? say going 80mph and then full throttling it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts