Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been having an issue with my throttle pedal,atleast i think it is an issue.it seems after half throttle,i get no more power difference tothe floor.i can floor it and slowly back off the pedal and theres no deceleration until i hit half throttle.now my scanner shows idle voltage at .7 and pedal to the floor voltage is 4.04 but when driving i get no more power after 2.4volts,its just a dead pedal after that.cruisin down the highway at 73mph im right at 2.0v sim im over 3/4 throttle just cruisin!now my egts will hit 1200 and boost in 5th gear maxes at like 13psi,these numbers are acheived at half throttle position,nothing more gained by going to the floor. but my icp seems normal and my ipr duty cycle as well.so im wondering if max icp means max fuel as well?maybe fuel psi is dropping im not sure. my scanner shows my icp at 2650,duty cycle at 38%,but the kicker is i hit these numbers at half throttle,i get no more performance from half throttle to the floor? is somthing wrong or what? i also unplugged my map sensor and didnt even notice a diff in performance,what up with this? i realy dont think these trucks were designed to be at full throttle at half throttle position.it just drives me nuts.i need some help here guys,no other forums will offer much help to me.thanks>>>>brian

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
check your filter and screen it may be plugged up and restricting fuel. check your pressure undeer load to pump may be headed south.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its been like this for 3yrs now,ive always thought it was normal but after talking with a couple ppl i dont think it is. the lift pump is only a yr old if that,filters and screen are clean.i do need to check fuel psi under load.is there anything else that could do this sort of thing?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ehhh i had the for over a yr.ive pulled the chip out andits the same thing,no power increase after half throttle.........

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
the only reason I asked was cause some owners have stated that their throttle would be at 100% when it was really at a lowel value.

I hate for you to throw money at it.....have you checked fuel psi? these mech fuel pumped trucks are known to drop fuel psi at WOT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only reason I asked was cause some owners have stated that their throttle would be at 100% when it was really at a lowel value.

I hate for you to throw money at it.....have you checked fuel psi? these mech fuel pumped trucks are known to drop fuel psi at WOT.
yea i also heard that about dp tunes so thats when i decided to take it out and see.i pulled it and it was the same :( i havent checked fuel psi yet,dont have the equipment to do it.thats kinda what i was thinkin but th icp and ipr numbers seem like true full throttle values,but i guess that doesnt mean its full fuel getting there.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
according to my scan gauge at WOT I would top out at around 3000 for icp psi. cant remember the ipr d/c % off hand since I had my scan gauge set to icp and fuel psi

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
according to my scan gauge at WOT I would top out at around 3000 for icp psi. cant remember the ipr d/c % off hand since I had my scan gauge set to icp and fuel psi
i read in alot of places that a hpop putting out around 2400 is a average hpop.if yours is putting out 3k,its one of the few and you should feel lucky.thats just what i read though.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Check fuel pressure under a load. What does your MAP sensor read key on engine off and then at WOT.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check fuel pressure under a load. What does your MAP sensor read key on engine off and then at WOT.
koeo map-110hz
wot map -148hz(slowly increasing)(when unplugged,no perf difference at all)
mass fuel desired-idle-10mg/wot-60mg
ebp-idle-15psi/wot-28psi
fuel pulse width-idle-1.15ms/wot-2.15ms
econo tune-wot/5th gear -13psi/1200*
max boost ive seen in performance tune is 18-19psi--all of these values are acheived at half throttle,no increase in anything pushing pedal to floor......

some info i got on the ride home today. so the pedal isnt normal? can we agree on that?i should have power increases all the way to the floor? thanks guys

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
your not showing anything that says TPS at all in your info.... so how can we agree on it :)

First things first change your fuel filter, make sure your oil is full and air filter is clean....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your not showing anything that says TPS at all in your info.... so how can we agree on it :)

First things first change your fuel filter, make sure your oil is full and air filter is clean....
did you read the first post :poke: it has that info in it but max power is acheived at 2.4v on the tps.idle tps is .7 pedal to the floor is 4.04v- actually driving i get nothing past 2.4v. thanks>>>>>brian

fuel ,oil ,filters are all clean,this has been a problem since i bought the truck,new lift pump was also installled a yr ago.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
did you read the first post :poke: it has that info in it but max power is acheived at 2.4v on the tps.idle tps is .7 pedal to the floor is 4.04v- actually driving i get nothing past 2.4v. thanks>>>>>brian

fuel ,oil ,filters are all clean,this has been a problem since i bought the truck,new lift pump was also installled a yr ago.
its not a lift pump its a fuel pump.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

Sorry I missed that in your first post too. No caps and no spaces after period and question marks made it all kinda blend in. Check fuel pressure and does your scanner read map in PSI.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
koeo map-110hz
wot map -148hz(slowly increasing)(when unplugged,no perf difference at all)
mass fuel desired-idle-10mg/wot-60mg
ebp-idle-15psi/wot-28psi
fuel pulse width-idle-1.15ms/wot-2.15ms
econo tune-wot/5th gear -13psi/1200*
max boost ive seen in performance tune is 18-19psi--all of these values are acheived at half throttle,no increase in anything pushing pedal to floor......

some info i got on the ride home today. so the pedal isnt normal? can we agree on that?i should have power increases all the way to the floor? thanks guys
you should have power increases all the way to the floor stock. like I said I have read that jody uses a touchy peddle, I would pull the chip and get some readings with it stock. You said you pull the chip but did you do any date logs then?

Im not trying to say the chip is the problem but for how much the chip costs I just want to rule it out as not being the problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you should have power increases all the way to the floor stock. like I said I have read that jody uses a touchy peddle, I would pull the chip and get some readings with it stock. You said you pull the chip but did you do any date logs then?

Im not trying to say the chip is the problem but for how much the chip costs I just want to rule it out as not being the problem.
when chip was out i had the scanner hooked up as well and it was the same,just less power the before.map psi was approx. 14.7 psi plus my boost.it seems to be reading fine anyway.thanks for the help thus far guys it just feels like its under powered and id like to unlock this hidden power.will get the fuel psi checked whenever i can.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
When you figure it out, let me know also. My truck does the same. More power at 1/2 throttle than full. Chipped or not.

Billy T.
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 72 Posts