Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm a little new to the 6.0 and want to know who is running Matt's tunes at Gearhead. I have heard nothing but good things about him on tuning the 7.3 and transmission shift points. This is actually a friend of mines truck and I am trying to do some research so he doesn't do anything stupid like put an edge evo on it. He wants a little better mpg and wants a good tow tune. He pulls a camper on the weekends but I'm not sure of the weight. The truck is an 06 F350 CC LB SRW with a turbo back exhaust. Don't really want to do studs yet so maybe a detuned extreme tune? Might do an intake. Like I said, I am a little new so I also want to know a little info on the EGR delete and why it should be done. Sorry for the long post but want to give as much info that way ya'll can help me. Let me know if you need to know more.

Thanks in advance.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
I've heard good things for the 6.0 tunes he has. I'm going to meet up with him to tune my truck one of these days.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Matt, I'm seeing a lot stuff on here about Eric at innovative. Hopefully I will find some more people with your tunes on the 6.0.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I currently have Eric @ Innovatives tunes, but ive heard great things about matts tunes as well. As for a EGR delete, talk to Adam at FCDP, his screen name on here is ABrannan19

·
Registered
178 Posts
im running matts on my truck and i couldnt be any happier. runs great, shifts great. no complaints here.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone tell me more info as to why to do the EGR delete?

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
Matt, I still need to get you to tune my truck. When's the next time you coming to the Cypress area??? Otherwise, i'm going to be making a trip to College Station pretty soon!!!

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Matt, I still need to get you to tune my truck. When's the next time you coming to the Cypress area??? Otherwise, i'm going to be making a trip to College Station pretty soon!!!
College Station isn't that far....... Just give me a call.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
College Station isn't that far....... Just give me a call.
Nope, last time i talked to ya, you were headed here for the Stros game. I'll be making a trip to see ya pretty soon.

·
just a good ol' boy......
196 Posts
Can anyone tell me more info as to why to do the EGR delete?
The egr is what causes so many failures on the 6.0, deleting it will give the truck the reliability it needs to have a long life...

I am a happy ID customer, but am willing to stray down to Bryan, tx for some custom treatment??? after all I'm in Tulsa, not to far away.... Matt you coming to Tulsa on the 19th for smokin in T town diesel drags?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stroker X

What kind of problems?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
The egr is what causes so many failures on the 6.0, deleting it will give the truck the reliability it needs to have a long life...

I am a happy ID customer, but am willing to stray down to Bryan, tx for some custom treatment??? after all I'm in Tulsa, not to far away.... Matt you coming to Tulsa on the 19th for smokin in T town diesel drags?
Can't make it that weekend.... trying to make it to Dallas in October though.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Ears99, the EGR cooler can fail, letting coolant get into the exhaust, no more EGR valve to get stuck open or closed. Also i believe that the coolant cant flash boil and lift the heads, like i said i believe, more people will chime in on the issues. Trust us, i have Adams EGR delete kit, and now i have no more worries.

·
just a good ol' boy......
196 Posts
Ears99, the EGR cooler can fail, letting coolant get into the exhaust, no more EGR valve to get stuck open or closed. Also i believe that the coolant cant flash boil and lift the heads, like i said i believe, more people will chime in on the issues. Trust us, i have Adams EGR delete kit, and now i have no more worries.
oilcooler can/will get clogged also..Among other crap.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FCDP isn't the only company that makes a delete kit for the 6.0. there are a few other companies that do the same. Elite Diesel, River City Diesel, Dfuser, & Gillett Diesel service to name a few others. some individuals have even made their own delete kits. in all honesty i wouldn't touch the EGR system if i was still under warranty. i wouldn't take the chance of a voided warranty claim or even having to pay the fine for tampering with a pollution control device. federal government frowns on this. just keep the valve functional; clean every once in a while. my cooler cracked and would only leak once it heated up. basically blowing coolant into the intake through the EGR valve which will make it's way down into the cylinders. you take the chance of hydro-locking the engine if this occurs.
as for matt's tunes, i have run his street tune (smooth with a little kick) and his lite race tune (pulls like a mofo). my trans didn't like the race tune. it would act lost sometimes. now, that was just my truck. not every truck will act the same. i've read about guys having trouble with shifting running Eric's tunes from ID. both Matt and Eric right great tunes.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I've had some great success runnning Matt's tunes on my truck. With a little luck he'll be able to give it some hands-on tuning within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Too bad I'm on the East Coast. Would be nice to have it live tuned. Although, it is nice not having emissions inspections in my state.

What does the SCT run with Matts tunes cost? I won't be using the extreme tune. I am looking more to save a little fuel and a good tune. Is there an Econo tune. I've noticed you guys getting better mileage than stock on the race tune. Is that what you guys use for an econo tune?

Thanks,
Nick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts