Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 439 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
hey what up guys, i live right near wachusett mountain, i had a 05 250 6.0 and just about a year ago traded it in and got a 08 250 6.4. i havn't tuned it yet, but i put some wheels and tires and window tint. there are a few trucks out this way that get together in worcester sometimes. next time you put somthing together i will try to make it, keep the post going.... :ford:

I have a good friend next door to you in Sterling. And I know a person or two in Princeston as well. I believe I read a thread about you having a problem plowing with your 6.4?. Something to do with the air intake maybe, Did you get it straightened out?

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey good eye. yes that was me with the plowing thread. sunnyside ford in holden took care of me. these trucks need a winter front on them for plowing to change the air flow. the air filter was soaked but its been all set since then. are the people you know ford guys or diesel guys?? Matt

I

·
0 Posts
hey good eye. yes that was me with the plowing thread. sunnyside ford in holden took care of me. these trucks need a winter front on them for plowing to change the air flow. the air filter was soaked but its been all set since then. are the people you know ford guys or diesel guys?? Matt
Nope, they are just some folks I worked with down there.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I just changed that little hose that leaks coolant as well. Nice to see the ground dry in the morning again..
Thats for sure, park on dirt at home so never really noticed, but at work with 90% honda (or other little city dwelling cars) it was a little embarrasing marking my territory. Was dreading changing it since it almost seemed like the turbo and intake had to come out to get to it, but wasn't that bad with the right tools to dig into things.

hey what up guys, i live right near wachusett mountain, i had a 05 250 6.0 and just about a year ago traded it in and got a 08 250 6.4. i havn't tuned it yet, but i put some wheels and tires and window tint. there are a few trucks out this way that get together in worcester sometimes. next time you put somthing together i will try to make it, keep the post going.... :ford:
Truck looks great. I am usually not a fan of extended cab short beds (think its cause its all I see) but I love that color, got any bigger pics of the truck?

Hopefully we can get something going again soon. Did a thing at Hooters in Saugus which brought out a good number of trucks, but was bad timing and Hooters was PACKED so we mostly all got split up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i really wanted a crew cab but i found this truck at a great price with 6500 miles on it when i got it. some of the driveways i plow are tight so the shorter truck helps. i almost went to the hooter's meet but had some stuff to do and the ride is a bit long.... atsah what do you do for work?? or what does anyone do for work, always curious because this truck addiction isn't cheap.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
i really wanted a crew cab but i found this truck at a great price with 6500 miles on it when i got it. some of the driveways i plow are tight so the shorter truck helps. i almost went to the hooter's meet but had some stuff to do and the ride is a bit long.... atsah what do you do for work?? or what does anyone do for work, always curious because this truck addiction isn't cheap.
can't pass up a good deal, definitely love that color. I wouldn't even think of plowing driveways with mine. Probably worked out best ya didn't make it since most of us got all broken up, ended up not being much of a meet n greet. Hopefully we can get some good stuff going in the future. Trying to find a central location seems to be pretty tricky.

Are those Jesse James wheels? whats the tire size? again love that color :ford:

Definitely itsn't cheap :doh: I'm stuck in a cubical 40+ a week :mad: as a civil engineer, ain't where I wanna be after growing up in residential construction, but it pays the bills. Truck is what keeps me sane while doing a job I ain't the happiest at.

I

·
0 Posts
Electrical engineer in MA. I work for a large logging outfit now.
I am a equipment operator. Skidder/fellerbuncher/forwarder.
Something I allways wanted to do. A lot less money but the cost of living here is much less than MA. I do a lot of snowmobiling/atving so this is the place for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
thanks for the compliments, the color keeps growing on me. the wheels are the jesse james lawless 8's 20" X 10" and the tires are kumho kl78 305-55-20. i was worried that they would look "low profile" but i am happy with how it looks because i didn't want to lift this truck. i will have to keep my eyes open for when you post up the next meet and greet. i never said what my job is, operate heavy equipment doing road work.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Im from good ol' taxachusetts too. Just south of Lowell in Billerica. I deffinetly agree that we need a MA diesel association, maybe then we can finally get some diesel events up this way. And I'm in for a track day when they open up, I have been dieing to see what I can do with tunes for my II's and a healthier tranny. We should have a monthly G2G cuz even though we got all split up and stuff I still had a pretty good time while I was at Hooters. Oh and I manage my family plowing and landscaping company and work for a towing company and go to school full time, time gets very limited lol.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Im from good ol' taxachusetts too. Just south of Lowell in Billerica. I deffinetly agree that we need a MA diesel association, maybe then we can finally get some diesel events up this way. And I'm in for a track day when they open up, I have been dieing to see what I can do with tunes for my II's and a healthier tranny. We should have a monthly G2G cuz even though we got all split up and stuff I still had a pretty good time while I was at Hooters. Oh and I manage my family plowing and landscaping company and work for a towing company and go to school full time, time gets very limited lol.
Who do you tow for?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I tow for Automotive technology & Transmission. We tow for billerica police, burlington police, and the state police from exit 26 to exit 28 on route 3. The trucks are beat to hell but it pays the bills (usually) and the guys I work with are funny as hell. Oh and I also have my own ramp truck that I do my own thing with, a few of my friends have shops and I tow all of there cars for them.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Electrical engineer in MA. I work for a large logging outfit now.
I am a equipment operator. Skidder/fellerbuncher/forwarder.
Something I allways wanted to do. A lot less money but the cost of living here is much less than MA. I do a lot of snowmobiling/atving so this is the place for me.
hmm engineer to equipment operator... there is hope for me yet LOL

My dad started building houses when I was about 6 and I started running the excavator, bulldozer and 10wheeler by 12, remember being bummed out when they required the licensing for the excavator and such, I was 16 and studied all ready for the test and then found out that I had to be 18 doh

At least once a week I wonder about giving up working for the pay and switching to something I enjoy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
hey, Im from Wakefield....that fat homosexual Bigred97 lives right around the corner from me too
Nice bronco:D Well im glad to see there are at least a few people up here. We should maybe see about getting some events going need to meet up

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I'm from Templeton MA. I'm a fairly dedicated Powerstroke guy in my area battling with the outnumbering Cummins and Dmax guys in the area. Truck comes off the road in the winter for "mod/maintenance time." I HATE rust. :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm from Templeton MA. I'm a fairly dedicated Powerstroke guy in my area battling with the outnumbering Cummins and Dmax guys in the area. Truck comes off the road in the winter for "mod/maintenance time." I HATE rust. :)

:ford: Sweet truck!

·
Registered
243 Posts
we should all make a trip up to the dragway some time and hit the track for the night. that would be a good night.

21 - 40 of 439 Posts