Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
All i got off a quick search is that diesel is exempt from emissions testing, but there maybe a law requiring the presence of a muffler which would mean stacks are illegal. Not too sure though

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im in Md, and in the enforcement line of work. I haven't heard of anything like that. I'll check with one of the brown clowns I know.

-Frank

·
The Gray Mule
73 Posts
It is not illegal to have stacks in Maryland. You must have a CAT and a Muffler to pass MD inpection, and Police can write you a inspection ticket for not having a CAT or muffler, but nothing for the stacks. Now if your out and about rollin coal cause you have stacks, your odds are great to get a ticket and possabley a inspection ticket for the lack of CAT and muffler.

·
Registered
47 Posts
He is absolutely corect, transportation article 22-402, states vehicles must have a muffler and of course removing emissions equipment is a no no. That beind said...if you go out of your way to get noticed, you will!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was told by the town cop that's it's illegal to modify the exhaust on any vehicle in the state of Maryland but he said you really gotta be doing something stupid for them to mess with you for that

·
The Gray Mule
73 Posts
Yes and No, what that means by illegal to modify the exhaust is to remove the muffler or cat, that dosen't mean it's illegal to put one pipe or two pipes or stacks at the end of the exhaust.

·
The Gray Mule
73 Posts
That's right crabbelle the exhaust must exit behind the cab and thats because of a safety issuse, you don't want exhaust fumes leaking into the cab.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts