Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just have a few questions so I have a 2004 F2 50 extended cab long bed lariat powerstroke with a 6.0 L as of right now it is a crank no start but when I touch it with a spray of ether or starting fluid that is relatively safer for diesels it’ll fire right off and run perfectly fine no issues but if I let it sit or even right after I turn it off if I try to fire it back up it’ll crank crank crank no start again until I touch it with a little bit of either again I’m at a loss right now I’ve replaced my injectors at 119,000 miles the truck is at 134,000 right now I’ve done typical maintenance change the oil every 5000 fuel filters every 10,000 my next is transmission fluid and flush but I need to figure out why it’s not starting first because this is my daily

·
Registered
2006 F250, 6.0 powerstroke
108 Posts
Hey guys, I just have a few questions so I have a 2004 F2 50 extended cab long bed lariat powerstroke with a 6.0 L as of right now it is a crank no start but when I touch it with a spray of ether or starting fluid that is relatively safer for diesels it’ll fire right off and run perfectly fine no issues but if I let it sit or even right after I turn it off if I try to fire it back up it’ll crank crank crank no start again until I touch it with a little bit of either again I’m at a loss right now I’ve replaced my injectors at 119,000 miles the truck is at 134,000 right now I’ve done typical maintenance change the oil every 5000 fuel filters every 10,000 my next is transmission fluid and flush but I need to figure out why it’s not starting first because this is my daily
There is a lot here. Cranking speed, would be my first question. Battery voltage, FICM voltage, iCP pressure just to name a few. I recommend bismic’s troubleshooting a 6.0 no start first. It’s a great checklist which if followed closely will lead you to your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a lot here. Cranking speed, would be my first question. Battery voltage, FICM voltage, iCP pressure just to name a few. I recommend bismic’s troubleshooting a 6.0 no start first. It’s a great checklist which if followed closely will lead you to your problem.
Do you happen to have a link or is it on forums?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It’s here, go to 6.0 technical folder, look at Troubleshooting a No-Start condition

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have you been able to find your problem?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have not been able to yet, I’m thinking it is maybe a standpipe could be leaking some air not giving it the proper pressure for oil on startup
Get a app and adapter as recommended in the troubleshooting a no start condition, as recommend by bismic1, post up the info here , such as iCP desired, iCP actual, FICM sync, etc. lots of knowledgeable people here ready to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts