Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back I got my 2004 6.0 stuck in 4 wheel and couldn't figure out how to get it back to 2 wheel. After I did some basic trouble shooting I took it to a diesel mechanic who I am kinda friends with because I needed to get it drive-able ASAP and he said he knew a temporary fix. It seems like all he did was take the encoding motor off, but I am not 100% sure if it was really that simple.

Now that I have some time to mess with it again I want to put the motor back on and try a few things but I really hate asking him for free advice about truck repairs because we aren't super close friends so it feel awkward, like texting your barber for a tutorial on how to cut your own hair haha.

just wondering if any of you think you know what it was that he did, and could possibly explain that to me. Say I can't figure it out before I need my truck again, could I just pull the encoding motor back off and have it instantly revert to 2 wheel?

·
don't play well w others
4,166 Posts
The motor is a gear drive and turns just like a window motor ( sort of)
He pulled the motor, turned the transfer case back to 2h, then put the motor back in.

You need to test, see if it's a fuse, wire, or motor, and repair as needed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts