Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading a few articles and heard from a few ford dealers. The new 6.7l powerstroke will offer NO manual Transmission as it was discontinued. Anyone else have any info on this? If so, I say this is a sad day, no more manual. Takes all the skill out of driveing. Ford should of definetly had a manual option for this motor, it would of put them way above the competition.
Thanks

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
Ive been reading a few articles and heard from a few ford dealers. The new 6.7l powerstroke will offer NO manual Transmission as it was discontinued. Anyone else have any info on this? If so, I say this is a sad day, no more manual. Takes all the skill out of driveing. Ford should of definetly had a manual option for this motor, it would of put them way above the competition.
Thanks
This is very old news....say over 6 months ago...

But YES...The manual Trans is DEAD....this goes for all the Big Three..Ford, Chevy and Dodge (who is getting rid of theirs in the future too)...

With that said....

The Engine has a SAE bolt pattern on it, so that you can convert it just about any transmission you want ;)

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
no its because the automatics are doing stronger then manuals thats why they are discontinued.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
:)

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
It will be interesting to see who/when the first ZF swap is done.

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
I don't see it happening any time soon...the new transmission is killer and will make you forget all about the junk that is the ZF6.....:poke:
I agree, but someone somewhere that demands a manual will do it...just a matter of time.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I am sure...but there is FAR better choices than the ZF6....;)
Exactly, with an SAE bellhousing, the zf6 is nowhere near my first choice.

Dave

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
:whs: Wat would be a better trans then the ZF6. i have one and have no complaints. by far better then any auto junk that ive drivin.
Sad day RIP Manual trans.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
The new autos are just killer though. It would take a 10 speed Eaton to actually offer any sort of improvement in capabilities over these modern autos.

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Killer yea on ur wallet. when somethin happens to that thing good luck. il keep my manuals. two in the driveway and out lasted any auto. so much electronics ha i laugh at all the problems that it will have. a manual has maybe two plugs on it thats it no computers. maybe if u bullet proof it yea then its a good trans. hopefully better then the junk allison. il stick with my ZF its all i need.

·
Non Helpful Member
818 Posts
I just drove a 2011 today and like the truck but the auto trans is going to kill the deal for me. For now it would work but down the road the truck will become my farm truck and a auto will not work for feeding cows or trying to pull way to Big of a load in mud or snow you can't lug the truck out of a problem.

·
Early bird gets the worm
538 Posts
I think they did a fine job on designing the ZF also. For its application, I dont see any downfalls.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
This has been argued 1000 times and im a manual guy all the way. I like the looks of the new 6.7 and want to get one a little while down the road but if im willing to pay 30, 40, 50K+ I should be able to get it the way I want it. Auto. will seem great at first but eventually in the mountains 10%+ grades w/ way to much weight behind it and service intervals not being like they should of been they will fail way before a manual would of. And then 4K on up at that point to TRY to fix it and get it to hold up. When a clutch would of been alot cheaper. Just my .02 Im a little bitter from having to pull alot of autos. out after guys abuse them on the farm and through the mountains where I live.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts