Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
michael5126
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out with part numbers for a 2009 F550 Torqshift. What I have is a truck I converted to 4WD, the axle is already installed and a manual transfer case is waiting to go in. The splines do match so it should just slide right in. I am needing the shift bracket that bolts up to the side of the tranny, the shift boot with plastic bezel, shift with knob, linkage that goes to case, and the selection lever on the side of case.

Any help with part numbers is greatly appreciated. Even if someone has used parts I would be interested in that also.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Aren't the cab tunnels different? I thought it would be just as easy as you're describing but the one diesel tech said noooooo, the tunnels are different. I dont see how this could be, like are trucks painted red shaped differently than white? But ...... And all I wanted to do was sawzall a hole and put the linkage in to get rid of the problem-waiting-to-happen knob on my dash.

·
michael5126
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have a knock out plate in the floorboard for the T-Case shift lever. I went to the local dealership but they need a Vin number to look up parts. Being that my Vin is a 2wd I am having trouble.

·
michael5126
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump. Anyone?

·
michael5126
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
180 Posts
Tell them you need the exact same parts you listed but tell them you need them for a 2004-2006 F250 or F 350.
The parts you need are exactly the same from 99 up. If they tell you they can only do it via VIN, go to another dealer. Most dealers can look up parts via year.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Aren't the cab tunnels different? I thought it would be just as easy as you're describing but the one diesel tech said noooooo, the tunnels are different. I dont see how this could be, like are trucks painted red shaped differently than white? But ...... And all I wanted to do was sawzall a hole and put the linkage in to get rid of the problem-waiting-to-happen knob on my dash.
The trans tunnels are different from manual trans and auto trans trucks. They ALL have a cover plate installed and can accept manual shift T-case with no other floor modifications. Pull your carpet back and you'll find a black cover that is held in with 4 screws. This is where the manual shifter goes. It's a pretty straightforward swap.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
The trans tunnels are different from manual trans and auto trans trucks. They ALL have a cover plate installed and can accept manual shift T-case with no other floor modifications. Pull your carpet back and you'll find a black cover that is held in with 4 screws. This is where the manual shifter goes. It's a pretty straightforward swap.
Have you done it? I was told you have to change to the 271 Xfer case... Which shouldn't be too hard a swap but without swapping out cases you have to fab up a plate to cover the electric solenoid hole, fab up a linkage to go into the xfer case itself through that plate into the gears and out to a stock 08 shifter. Then if you want your dash lights to work (4HIGH / 4LOW) there's a whole other ball of fun to deal with...

I think.

I tried searching out a conversion kit but only get hits for trucks up to 07

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If you don't swap t-cases you will have to fab your own linkage. The shift handle, plate and boot are all the same. All you have to do to make the lights work is splice into the wires right by the shifter. I found it on here before and printed it all off. I will see if I can find it later on.

·
Registered
932 Posts
get a t-case shifter boot for an 08 and up truck. they are inexpensive at the dealer and much easier to work with. i put one on my 05 when i did my conversion. On my 05, there was no wiring present for the 4x4 indicator. and the correct harness ran all the way from the rear bumper to the inner fender. so I didnt mess with it. I probably could have bought a pigtail for the sensor and ran the wires up. I'm almost sure there would have been open pins in the connector shell that I could have used. Not sure if the pcm and IC would need to be reprogrammed for 4x4 on your truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts