Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this? got the switch already on the dash from the dash swap and im lucky enough to be having to replace the sliding window pane/entire 3 piece back window since someone broke in on sat night.

after pricing a new window i might be best off going to a yard or clist to find a part out with window and take it and have someone install the glass and then ill wire up the slider.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called a local yard i found on craigslist and theyre gonna hook it up. gonna install power slider from an 05-07 and the motor etc and leave me wires to the motor assembly for 450. taking it over to them tomorrow at lunch and should be ready that day. then ill just have to run some wires etc. i am excite. and will document for others.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds good man let us know!!

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
COOL....post up the results.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
installed is extra. i got quoted 325-410 for a new manual glass installed. im going to try and work on the price once i get there or possibly make a better deal with a few other small items i need.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found out today that the truck seems to be prewired. had the plug for the motor and the window is installed but will be going back tomorrow to fix a gap.

need to find the dash side plug otherwise im gonna have to follow wires. any ideas from those that have a power slider already (where the wires go to behind the dash..

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
mine has a connector but after that it disappears into the loom but if your prewired you may have it ??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you know where the connector is sitting relative to the dash face and where it flows into the loom. need to pull mine and look for it but trying to get a starting point.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I think it was basically coming straight into the switch from directly behind

I just ordered all the shop manuals and it looks like the wires come from the central junction box like any delayed accessory and your looking for LB/PK and a BK ground

the motor is fed a VT/LG and a VT/LB out of the switch

this is for an 06 by the way but I would imagine it's the same ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks that'll help a lot if I have to wire one up. Truck is spending the night at the shop so can't play with it till tomorrow. Gonna be driving the hoe to work

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
video.

heres where plug was just sitting capped off

plugged in

window inside

1 - 13 of 13 Posts