Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 99 f250. It has the factory lockout, from my understanding these are a manual and auto. I would like to convert them to the traditional style . If I convert it will my switch on the dash still work? What are some good kits to look at?

·
Rock Steady
959 Posts
Yes Dash will still engage transfer case. Have warns in our trucks , heard nothing but good about M/M's also.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
mile marker 429 stainless steel manual hubs. cheaper than warn hubs and they have the same warranties. theres a short write up on here by richierich you can look for. just shows how he did it which is the same way i did it as is the same way many others do it.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, is it really that easy? All the kits I was finding was a lot more expensive . I appricate your help very much.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Wow, is it really that easy? All the kits I was finding was a lot more expensive . I appricate your help very much.
the reason the kits are so expesive is because they want you to buy a spinle nut conversion kit which you don't need on the 99.5-2003 sd the only ones that need the kit is the obs strokers all you need is the hubs, 2 eight inch brass pipe plugs, 2 6/32 sheel metal screws, and some rtv and your done simple fast easy and gets rid of the junk esof

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts