Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda new the the forum. Bought my dad old 2000 dually. But I notice that the mpg isn't what it use to be. So I did some research and thought I should check the EBP sensor. Everything looks good there, tube wasn't clogged but the sensor was full of soot thinking about replacing it. But I was looking over everything and saw a lot of soot on the cab next to the manifold. I'm brother bought manifold gaskets for it awhile ago but never put them on for the old man. My question is it there and other gasket/donuts on the up pipes or turbo that I should replace while I'm doing this???

Also I was towing 3 sport quads and 900rzr in an inclosed trailer and 1 in the bed last week to the dunes and back keep it around 70 and got 8.2 mpg I know the exhaust leak has a lot to do with it. But what is some other things to look into. It has a 3 or 4 inch down pipe the goes to 5 inch no muffler. Afe stage 2 intake and hypertech chip. I have seen it get around 12mpg towing are 28 foot fifthwheel and 4 4x4 quds behind that.

Thanks any info is helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any input???

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,346 Posts
if your loosing boost..you loosing power and MPG...there are only donuts on the pipes...you will want oring for the turbo and pedestal as well...if the pipes are in good shape you can put the new donuts in..if the pipes are warn..then I suggest bellowed up pipes..with them there is just a gasket that doesn't wear out like the donuts do..little more $$$ now..but saves a lot in the end...here is a good write up for up pipe install..he is putting in bellowed pipes but its the same concept as replacing donuts...

Welcome to Pocket's International UP-Pipe Replacement Web Page

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. We will see how much it helps this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts