Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone want to buy a 09 3500 cummins I really want to run it off a cliff and have my ford back this piece of shot goes back to the shop again in the morning is anyone gettin in trouble with dpf and egr deletes on the street i need something my 99 on 38's had more nuts then this thing does

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
See if the dealer will buy it back.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
coulda told you that before you bought it bub

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
No problems here..... mines not stock..... And I no longer have a locked ECM.

Actually never fear on the locked ECM...

Im actually sending my factory locked ECM to H&S Performance tommorow for them to do some final testing before they release there newest software for locked ECM's and 2010 trucks.

I recommend either a H&S performance product or the Smarty. Be patient....within the next month everything shold be released.

FWIW my 09.5 thinks its a 07.5 right now ;)

I love my 09.5.... Been a good truck thus far. But it has also been emissions free since the first week I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i might have to chat with you a little more about that cat im just worried that if i do anything to it that somethin will blow up and i wont have that all mighty waranty i mean its really not that bad i love the stock power of it and always wantin more but i cant stand this havin to take it down to the shop every time i turn around over a bunch of crap that doesnt need to be on there anyway. and nooooooooooo matt i want my ford back just cause it was what it was but i think or at least hope that once all this crap goes away ill be alot better with it

·
2,012 Posts
Delete the DPF. Block the EGR. And install a XRT (H&S Performance)
And just for safety if you choose....head studs... I did ... Cost of $399.
F-Warranty...

Smarty....I just turned mine off... Install a blackmaxx... Disappointed with Smarty and there extreme radical timing that is linked to ALOT of blown headgaskets. Smarty wont listen to customer feedback... Smarty on high levels sounds like a can full of marbles...

Next step for me, ECM off a tractor...Tune myself... Gotta do some more research on this first though...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds like a lot of crap you have to do to make it run as good a a 6.4 with just a simple plug and play chip:poke:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
oops forgot,but still that's pretty easy to do

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so cat would you take the xrt or the black maxx,( and ya i havent heard anything good on the smarty other than alot of power but lots of problems). can you do both of the h&s's, and then how much trouble would i be in if i get caught with all that crap off (dpf and egr). this truck might be a commercial truck shortly and i dont feel like having anymore problems with port.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Delete the DPF. Block the EGR. And install a XRT (H&S Performance)
And just for safety if you choose....head studs... I did ... Cost of $399.
F-Warranty...

Smarty....I just turned mine off... Install a blackmaxx... Disappointed with Smarty and there extreme radical timing that is linked to ALOT of blown headgaskets. Smarty wont listen to customer feedback... Smarty on high levels sounds like a can full of marbles...

Next step for me, ECM off a tractor...Tune myself... Gotta do some more research on this first though...
I thought the smarty was kind of a DIY tuner, and you could back timing off if you wanted, is it not? Also, are the blown HG's an issue on 6.7's and 5.9's, or just the 6.7?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im not sure if this is correct or not its just what i heard, the smarty adds timing and fuel for every other stage up but the next stage up from that adds the same fuel plus more timing then the previous setting but like i said thats just what i hear

·
2,012 Posts
so cat would you take the xrt or the black maxx,( and ya i havent heard anything good on the smarty other than alot of power but lots of problems). can you do both of the h&s's, and then how much trouble would i be in if i get caught with all that crap off (dpf and egr). this truck might be a commercial truck shortly and i dont feel like having anymore problems with port.
If you have the money...blackmaxx... Its a great tool.. Load the wildATT175 program on it and enjoy. There no "PROBLEMS" with smarty, it was flawless...no issues for me. Just do exactly as they say to d owith the emissions components and everything will be A-OK.

I thought the smarty was kind of a DIY tuner, and you could back timing off if you wanted, is it not? Also, are the blown HG's an issue on 6.7's and 5.9's, or just the 6.7?
It just has alot of adjustable options, but with everything tuned down as far as you can with lets say SW9 it still rattles like a can full of marbles. There is NO DIY tuning with it. Just adjustable options for MORE timing(like it needs more LOL) MORE turbo (its a vgt.) and MORE down low power.

im not sure if this is correct or not its just what i heard, the smarty adds timing and fuel for every other stage up but the next stage up from that adds the same fuel plus more timing then the previous setting but like i said thats just what i hear

All odd settings are added timing(rattles bad in upper settings)
All Even settings are stock timing(still rattles)

The blackmaxx software does not seem to rattle at all.... Ive put nearly 600 miles on it since Sunday and So far So Good!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
All odd settings are added timing(rattles bad in upper settings)
All Even settings are stock timing(still rattles)
What a strange way to do things, why not just make every tune a little bit more powerful than the last? Would you suggest a blackmaxx over a smarty? Sorry for the all the questions, but my buddy has a dodge and I'm trying to gain some knowledge for him, on a powerstroke siteLOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts