Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 engine and am about to purchase a 06 or 07 engine. Should i stick the whole 07 in or are there parts that i should take off the 04 to put in the 07. Anything better for big HP numbers on the 04??

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
I have a 2004 engine and am about to purchase a 06 or 07 engine. Should i stick the whole 07 in or are there parts that i should take off the 04 to put in the 07. Anything better for big HP numbers on the 04??
I would say use the newer motor..... better hpo system from what I've heard..... that's the only real big diffrence that would hold you back at this point

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 motor is going in the truck. anything i should take off the 04 to replace on the 07 for better handling of big HP numbers.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
07 motor is going in the truck. anything i should take off the 04 to replace on the 07 for better handling of big HP numbers.
Nope, stud it n haul ass..... what's the plans for the 04 motor?

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
parts i think not sure. You sure you wouldnt use the hpo system from the 04?

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
didn't you post over on PSA that you were banned here? lol

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
parts i think not sure. You sure you wouldnt use the hpo system from the 04?
Pretty sure the 05+ HPO system is better. Didn't Shawn put an 05 system in his 04?

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i thought it was the other way around? He and matt usuallycome around late nights maybe they will post some wisdom :poke: :D

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
I think you're right on Shawns truck but I've always read where the 03-04 had the better hpops, it even says on Elites site under the 225 injectors "If you have an 05+ model year then please see our HPOP upgrade kits to maximize the potential of this injector or choose a 205cc injector."

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmmm, why is dieselsite working on making a 03/04 pump and not an 05 pump? I would think if the 05 was worse the would be working on that one...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Hmmm, why is dieselsite working on making a 03/04 pump and not an 05 pump? I would think if the 05 was worse the would be working on that one...
03-04 pumps are easier to mod. they are piston style pumps and are pretty much the same as the 7.3 in design. the 05+ is a cam style. i prefer the cam style for anything reving over 4k. piston pumps like to come apart in high rpms

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
According to diesel site a stock 05+ HPOP can actually put out a higher volume than a stock 03-04 HPOP it is just that the 05+ delivery system is the limiting component for the pump as that is why they make an upgraded delivery system to utilize the full potential of the stock pump. They are also working on a HO HPOP for the 05+ but havent released it yet. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts