Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive heard of these trucks making oil. I have about 4k on this change, and my oil is about a half an inch above the "thick" part of the dipstick. Took it out wiped it off 2x same result. I cannot smell any fuel, and my ccv is venting under the truck so im thinking bad things again.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
So ive heard of these trucks making oil. I have about 4k on this change, and my oil is about a half an inch above the "thick" part of the dipstick. Took it out wiped it off 2x same result. I cannot smell any fuel, and my ccv is venting under the truck so im thinking bad things again.
ya me 2, u should probly just give it to me to do research on and move on to a 6.7 lol

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO NOT TEMPT ME. After hearing the one with a straight pipe i was kicking myself in the arse.
I tell ya what, you give me the winning powerball numbers and ill give you my truck, and buy u everything on Elite's inventory.

·
Registered
842 Posts
is it possible that it was over filled a littlebit when changed? when U drive it how long on average do you drive how long was truck sitting engine off for before you checked the oil?

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I have the same problem. Its not like a milkshake if antifreeze is getting into it and no fuel smell. I have no clue where its coming from. If there r bad things happening inside the motor il be making plans to go to rudys.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
DO NOT TEMPT ME. After hearing the one with a straight pipe i was kicking myself in the arse.
I tell ya what, you give me the winning powerball numbers and ill give you my truck, and buy u everything on Elite's inventory.
how bout a cookie? cuz i could handle tradin a cookie for ur space ship!:postwhore2:

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im not loosing anti-freeze and the truck did sit a while. Next time I change my oil(1000k goes quick) imll send it off for an analysis i guess. Hopefully just a false alarm, but being paraniod can help find problems.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how bout a cookie? cuz i could handle tradin a cookie for ur space ship!:postwhore2:
Thats hillarious, the guy at the parts store calls it a space shuttle hahaha. Thrown in a glass of chocolate milk and well talk.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
ill throw in a gallon, and a keg of ur choice of beer

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Im waiting for my analysis to come back. Ford told me there should be no problems.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Ford engineer told me it is normal for the 6.4 to make a 1/2 to 1 inch of oil on the dipstick how? I have no clue but he told me it is normal

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, ive heard that too. But i think its from fuel when the DPF goes into regen. Not an issue here. Plus my ccv is venting to atmosphere, so i figured it would loose a little. Even if its fine, I would still like to know the WHY.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
:whs: same here. explanation for it would be good.

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill throw in a gallon, and a keg of ur choice of beer
LOL With all this rain the gallon will outlast the keg, speaking of witch... time to go pick up some girls and strike out. :smirk:

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Ford engineer told me it is normal for the 6.4 to make a 1/2 to 1 inch of oil on the dipstick how? I have no clue but he told me it is normal
Well shoot we just need a gigantic 6.4 and we could extract the made oil from it and we wouldnt need to drill for oil anymore LOL

Sounds strange tho... surely there is some explanation to the problem.

·
Registered
842 Posts
or a line has a small crack in it i have seen it a few times

·
Registered
130 Posts
anybody noticed oil in the intercooler pipe if you installed aftermarket tube on or had it off for some reason. I noticed mine had so oil in it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts