Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
refill1961
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put these together in a couple of minutes and they've proven themselves priceless many times. If a little something extra would make it easier for you too, a couple of five gallon buckets, a 2" X 12" board cut to the length of your choice and a dozen or so 1 5/8" coarse thread drywall screws and you will be a foot and a half taller and will see a world you may have never known existed under the hood of your truck..... Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Car Bumper

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Car

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
I just use my ramps for a step LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
Good way to fall on your ass. Buckets tip.

·
Administrator
33,162 Posts
i think he uses the screws inside the bucket to screw to the plank
but 1 " 5/8's might be a bit long

unfortunately in AZ 260lbs on a hot bucket folds them up LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
Still, it would be all too easy to lean towards the engine to reach something in teh middle and from your toes you would kick the bucket over. Then smack your chin on the fender as you slide to the ground in a pool of blood.

I use buckets like that for dirtbike stands when changing tires and such. I know they are usefull but standing on them like that is spookey.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry about the last post, just remember that a 5 gallon bucket (or several in a single line attached with boards) is not very stable.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Good lord looks like someone wants to fall and break their ass. Just use a ladder:poke:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've used my spare set of wheels (with tires on them) and 2X12 across them.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
Topside creeper.
Best truck tool in my garage.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
I see the best "truck tool" in the background!

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
Nope, I'm a pro at drinking beer.
That's the trade off to working on my own trucks.
It took me about 13 dozen beer to get the Irate mount, S468, and double disk clutch in.
Makes shop rate seem not so bad, but I wouldn't be nearly as drunk.

·
refill1961
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have worked off of a stage 55 stories off the ground on the outside of The Bank Of America Plaza, Atlanta's tallest structure. I have worked from a boatswain's chair 31 stories high in the elevator shafts of the Peachtree Summit Building, one of Atlanta's many skyscrapers occupied by the federal government. I have worked from a mobile lift 100 feet off the ground in the Georgia National Guard's B-1 Bomber hangers at Warner Robbins Air Force Base. I have utilized step ladders and extension ladders from 2' to 60' tall. I can turn a five gallon bucket upside down, step both feet onto it and "walk it" by rotating it from side to side for hours and miles as long as the floor is level. I believe I can stand on a 2" X 12" board nailed to two buckets without risking " it would be all too easy to lean towards the engine to reach something in teh middle and from your toes you would kick the bucket over. Then smack your chin on the fender as you slide to the ground in a pool of blood." And yes, "Good way to fall on your ass. Buckets tip" if you are not smart enough to think about what you're doing before , during and after you do it. I wouldn't try to put my 275 pounds on a bucket because I know that "unfortunately in AZ 260lbs on a hot bucket folds them up" but I'm not talking about a bucket, I'm talking about..... wait, that's physics, I'd better not go there with this crowd. As I stated earlier, I "just remember that a 5 gallon bucket (or several in a single line attached with boards) is not very stable" every time I use them, and I may not use them just as you see them. If I thought "Good lord looks like someone wants to fall and break their ass. Just use a ladder" I'd be lacking in both access to my truck as well as imagination in my life. I could also "use sawhorses & planks tied to the tow clevises with wire and the planks secured to the horses" but that's a lot of trouble and not very practical. I tried "I've used my spare set of wheels (with tires on them) and 2X12 across them" It works but it's not very tall. If you reads my post it says "you will be a foot and a half taller and will see a world you may have never known existed under the hood of your truck.....". It doesn't say to use them as a base for an engine stand or as a place to stand while you remove the engine. It says "see" which is what you do when you look. I am really dissappointed in the responses I recieved on this post. I was expecting imaginative, positive posts with ways to improve or utilize the item in different ways but all I got was sour grapes from a bunch of haters. Use your imagination and do something besides sit on your rear end and criticize, get up and get a life. If you're not smart enough to use tools and equipment, which are generally loaded with warnings and dangers, without getting hurt maybe you shouldn't be working on your own vehicles..... Just saying.....

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,909 Posts
I've used worse setups for standing up taller ^^, like a concrete block turned up longways, a bunch of 4*4s, an uneven weight bench lol!

but shhiiiuuuuutttttt. anymore, i just back my other truck up to the front of my f-250 & let the tailgate down lol! it's a ranger, so it's about the same height as those buckets haha

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Wow, someone got all butt hurt didn't they? If you can't handle a little friendly jabbing, then public online forums probably aren't the place for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts