Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...your pedistal bolts are tight..or the o-rings blow out, make a huge cloud of white smoke and leave you stranded on the side of the road! fixed now and it runs even better!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
you had problems with both trucks this weekend Mike?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Scared the crap out of myself doing the same thing.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep..tow truck took a turd about 60 miles out of l.a. so i unloaded my truck off the trailer, and drove it to utah...

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
well, at least u made it home. By the way, congrats on your points championship. I wish your tranny didnt take a dump on ya, i wanted to see how your truck would have done. Would have been interesting for sure

·
Registered
64 Posts
I keep a set of o-rings in the tool box. Ive seen 2 guys on the side of the road with the same problem. Course now that I have them, I haven't ran accross anyone in need...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm sorry for this really dumb question........ Where are the pedestal bolts???
I'm new to diesels and I've heard many parts called by different terms or names and I'm completely vacant on this term.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pedistal is the base of the turbo, it bolts in 2 places, on to the exhaust "y" and onto the pedestal which is on the block, where the oil feed line is, as well as the drain.the feed and drain lines are sealed with o-rings, and the seal depends on the proper compression of those o-rings from tightening/sandwiching of the turbo to the pedistal.

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts
The pedestal is what your turbo sits on the bolts is what holds it on. there is oil going throw your pedestal to the turbo and there is orings that seals the pedestal if the bolts comes loose it will leak.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Damn I had the turbo off while doing the trans I might need to check that as I have a DAMN oil leak and have been chaseing it might be a problem.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
There are four bolts that hold the turbocharger mount (pedestal) to the block and two O-rings that seal it to the block. There are more bolts that hold the turbocharger to the pedestal and two more O-rings to seal that joint.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, I'll be checking mine ASAP when I get back from this trip.I have so many parts to replace/repair that my truck will probably be down for at least a week

1 - 17 of 17 Posts