Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wait to start.........
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pretty good diesel leak. When I park it for about 4.5hrs while I'm in school, by the time I come out there's about a 24in diameter spot of fuel under the truck. I thought I traced it to the line in the middle on the back of the filter canister with about a 2in section of hose, (which I made sure was all the on, with no positive result)) but after I got a drop light and looked closer it seems to be dripping down the back of the canister itself. I noticed there's about 4-5 screws on the back, so is there a seam where a gasket could've failed or what?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
that line you are talking about is the fuel bowl drain line. The o-rings in the valve are known to go bad. Get a rebuild kit from diesel o-rings.

·
Wait to start.........
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the input fellas. I'll definitely check into that. One detail I forgot to add that might change the diagnosis is that it seems to quit leaking in warm/hot weather. This past week it's been in the mid 80's here and I've noticed smaller spots on the ground. At first I thought the warmer temps made the concrete evap the spot quicker but there's little to no smell of diesel when I get out of the truck after driving it, whereas in colder temps it's like I'm sticking my nose in the fuel tank when I park it and get out. So I'm guessing the colder temps shrinks the already damaged o-rings and makes the leak worse?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
yeah, mine started leaking as soon as I started the truck in cold weather. Once the engine reached normal operating temp the leak stopped. Replaced the o-rings and it was all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts