Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I decided to change out the stock muffler for a Magnaflow and did a delete on the resanator as well. I stayed with the 3" pipe; I could have gone with a 4" pipe but was afraid I would totaly lose my low end torque. For sure, the sound is SSOOO much better. Mellow w/o being too loud. So far, I don't detect any WOT difference in power, but hope to get a little mileage out of it. At least it doesn't "hiss" now when I give it the gas, pretty throaty.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I added a Magnaflow and set of duels to the wifer's '07 Lincoln LT 5.4 that has a drop-in K&N filter and a Superchip set at 91 octane performance; headed home up Hwy 89 from Ogden to Layton, Ut, up a long hill, this new Dodge Cummins duelly trys me and I completely whip his a$$. I pull into the Layton post office to get my mail and he follows me. I get out and he rolls down his window and askes me if I have a super charger on my LT. I said no and he says he doesn't believe me, so I tell him to park and I'd show him my wife's grocery getter engine. I pops the hood and he said "#####, and walked back to his Dodge. I have to say that the wifer's LT goes pretty good. Now against my V-10, it might be pretty close.....but she'd chicken out and I'd win.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i have not seen a person that get in as many races as you do. but just keep showing um up especially dodges. even if it is a gasser.:ford:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you live in the diesel pickup capitol of the world, Salt Lake and Ogden, it's a daily event, mostly up some hill. I hardly ever get this in Idaho, but here in Utah, these dudes all want to race. Whatever, I'm ready. I have my 9500i to watch out for me, but I ain't stupid either.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
When you live in the diesel pickup capitol of the world, Salt Lake and Ogden, it's a daily event, mostly up some hill. I hardly ever get this in Idaho, but here in Utah, these dudes all want to race. Whatever, I'm ready. I have my 9500i to watch out for me, but I ain't stupid either.
thats funny i never have anyone that wants to race me

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
ive only been in 4 races that i remeber on the streets here in ogden.... i guess more people wana run a v-10 then a diesel?

I

·
0 Posts
I don't know what got into me. Racing is not something I do. But, A V-10 decided to try me a couple of weeks ago on the interstate from a toll plaza. He was sniffing diesel fumes I can tell you that.. :evil

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Give the guy a break, V!0 are not bad, my dad has a 15 passenger v10 and it left me stranded full of grocery's on the freeway with a blown spark-plug.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder how many 6 leakers puking and 7.3's with CPS problems left someone on the side of the road vs V-10's that did.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I wonder how many 6 leakers puking and 7.3's with CPS problems left someone on the side of the road vs V-10's that did.
My dad has had 3 7.3 powerstrokes. A 97, 2001 and a 2002. When he had them not one of them ever had any warranty work done to it. When he got rid of the 02 he got a 04 duramax and it had 4 injectors go out. Had that till summer of 06 and then he got his 6 leaker and at 22,000 miles it had 3 injectors go bad. At 3 in the morning when it was 7 degrees out

1 - 20 of 34 Posts