Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas.Trucks been in and out of the shop for 2 weeks now. Grenaded my TC , so the tranny shop went through everything and replaced TC. Now....... everything acts just fine till I get to cruising speed. Tow/Haul light flashes.. TC wont lock. Getting p1744. Data logged with AE. Says TC unlocked due to slippage. Mind you , new TC, solinoids, and a whole list of other sensors. Shop is stumped. They have just been taking shots in the dark. The guy that built my tranny to begin with doesnt work there any more... go figure....its under warranty.. so I feel like THEY should fix it not me. I just dont have time to let them sit there and continue to not know what there doing with my truck. I can do thatLOL. So here I am .... armed with my laptop...AE.... and a little time. Point me in the right direction. Its next stop is the dealership. There dime of course. Unless it turns out to not be tranny related... ie pcm or something like that.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea, one more thing.... says the highest gear is 6. Nothing unusuall there. While driving down the road it says its commanding 8 ?????? whats that all about???

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Does it go into lockup like 1 time and then never again?

If so. Someone built the converter with the wrong height...

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It never quite locks. It commands lock. Soon as it tries, tow/haul flashes, then I just keep on driving with it unlocked. AE with unlocking due to slipping goes from 0.00 to 1.00 . Not sure what all to data log. just took my best guess.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
If it doesn't lock it doesn't lock. What converter did they put in it? Was it a PI by chance?

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If it doesn't lock it doesn't lock. What converter did they put in it? Was it a PI by chance?
No it wasnt. Googled the part number they rattled off and it turns out its a high stall 4r100 TC. WTF
Made by Dacco?????

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
No it wasnt. Googled the part number they rattled off and it turns out its a high stall 4r100 TC. WTF
Made by Dacco?????
I have seen that Dayco does offer a billet cover now. But the wrong converter won't seal for lock up.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they do. I cant figure out why someone would put a 4r TC in my tranny. Ive heard of it the other way.... 5r into a 4r. How would I test to see if its not sealing for lockup? Have you ever heard of someone putting this converter in this unit?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
They went the cheap route and took your money. Now make them redo the whole trans since by now you have sent metal/debris through the trans and make them get a good converter. Sounds to me like they tried to pull a fast one on you and now it is biting them in the rear.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They went the cheap route and took your money. Now make them redo the whole trans since by now you have sent metal/debris through the trans and make them get a good converter. Sounds to me like they tried to pull a fast one on you and now it is biting them in the rear.
You got it. They hate seeing me coming . Thats the reason I havnt went somewhere else. I paid xxx $$$ for a tranny with a warranty. Not my fault they have had to rebuild it three times. Reason being....... went the cheap route. Im about through playing with them.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well,got it back today. Turns out that the pump was the problem. Wouldnt build enough pressure. Changed the TC..... still didnt fix it. Changed the TC and pump..... fixed it.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Well,got it back today. Turns out that the pump was the problem. Wouldnt build enough pressure. Changed the TC..... still didnt fix it. Changed the TC and pump..... fixed it.
Did someone put the transgo kit in the other pump?

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wouldn't doubt it. Probably all kinds of stuff installed incorrectly. They got it fixed but it still doesn't feel right. Don't see it lasting very long at all. Be looking for somethig else before long I guess.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Wouldn't doubt it. Probably all kinds of stuff installed incorrectly. They got it fixed but it still doesn't feel right. Don't see it lasting very long at all. Be looking for somethig else before long I guess.
Didn't your cousin tell you to send it out here?

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After the fact:doh::doh:When I break this one , you can have your way with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts