Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here have any experience with them or heard anything on them? any info would be gratly appreciated !

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Differential covers are nice. As far as the transmission pan don't waste your money. A 6.0 transmission cooler and a stock pan is plenty of cooling.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
You pay a lot for the name. PPE ones are cheaper and just as good if not better.

·
Registered
586 Posts
have my diff covers there beautiful! i love em! trans pan no just get a 6.0 cooler

·
401 Posts
I had IIRC a PMF on my 6.0 and it worked good along with the diff covers. Mag Hytech was the only maker when I wanted one for the 6.4 so that is what I got. They do work, at least for me. If you dont tow, like above dont waste your money, wont see that much of a difference. But towing you will see a difference. It sounds like you have a 7.3. SO yes get a bigger tranny cooler also. I would if I could find a a descent 7.3 that was not a bunch of miles or wanted a bunch of money.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got a Mag-hytec pan. I got a smoken deal from one of the guys on another forum. it holds a ton of fluid too. I don’t do any real heavy towing but I do haul a Boat and occasionally another vehicle.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
has anyone here have any experience with them or heard anything on them? any info would be gratly appreciated !
What year is your truck? What engine? Most 7.3 people feel pans aren't cost effective, I can't speak for other engine/trans combos.

With respect to a diff cover...they look nice but for my money the 08 diff cover works just fine on the rear end of my truck and was like $60 bucks.

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
I have Mag-Hytec dif covers on the front and back of my truck. Very nice pieces!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my truck is a 99 F250 with the 7.3, just replaced the trans and the TC and got a great deal on the Mag-Hytec Tranny pan, now my question is how much fluid does this thing take, I replaced the fluid in the T-case as well being that it was filthy. still got thte stock trans cooler and now a banks triple disc TC, put in 30 ( Yes THIRTY!! ) quarts of Royal purple synthetic trans fluid and its still not full yet, anyone have any ideas on what the capacity is ?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
You did fill the tc up when you swappef eh?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, TC took about two and a half quarts, Xcase took about 3

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,124 Posts
The fluid is going somewhere. The stock trans with a stock pan holds 18 quarts. The Mag-Hytec does not hold 12 more.

Don't try to fill the torque converter before installing it. That just causes you to spill fluid all over, and it doesn't help anything.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the help, I'm going to check it out more tomorrow, its not leaking out anywhere, just curious, not a cheap way to find out at $15 a quart

1 - 13 of 13 Posts