Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new here and im really up against the wall on this problem im having. I have 4 mickey thompson classic II that are 16.5x10 wide and are 8x170mm bolt pattern on my 02 superduty and one just recieved a stress crack mid way up the rim. How it got there I have no idea as the wheels are never hit by rocks or curbs and these wheels I actuclly didnt use the either trick to get the 35in bfg's to mount up even though they were a little stubborn. To top it all off Mickey Thompson doesnt make this wheel in 16.5 anymore and Ive searched all over the country and cant find one anywhere that has one. To top that even more I just spent 900 dollars 4 months ago on the new bfg's and the only wheels I can find in 16.5x10 are the plain black rock crawler wheels and there not to my taste at all. Does anyone know where to get a new one of these wheels that might just be in a warehouse that didnt sell or does anyone have any of these laying around that they would like to get rid of? I was thinking whell adapters then I have a larger selection of wheels but dont want to put any more stress on the already weak front wheel bearings these trucks have from the factory. Ive replaced 8 wheel bearing in 4 years and no need to speed up the killing time lol.:bowfast:

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you search Milwaukee Craigslist for powerstroke wheels a set of centerlines will come up that are priced at 500 that may help

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
Welcome to the club pal! Just searched my local craigslist with no luck. 16.5's are getting to be very obsolete. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much guys. Ill check out the centerlines and they werent foolin around when they said there doing away with 16.5.

·
Registered
389 Posts
as soon as i get the chance im gettin rid of my 16.5s, too hard to find tires!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is a set on Craigslist

Mickey Thompson classic II

I just bought a set of 16x10 M/T Classics from another guy and he had a set of 16.5x10 he was trying to sell too. He only wanted $150 for the set. His Craigslist add has expired but his name is Chris Stewart and here is his email address: [email protected]

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tires are def. getting harder to find and I stick with the bfg's there reasonably priced and and easily found new and wear like steel on my f350. If I didnt just buy a new set of them Id definatly go to 18s or 20s but I figured I can still get another 2 years out of these tires so if I can get a used set of wheels and just polish them up nice they will do till these wear out. Thanks alot guys and Ill get ahold of these guys and see if they will ship them or if im taking a 9 hr round trip south lol.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iwish ya could just weld these with a aluminum tig welder that would save alot of grief. The crack is 3/4 inch long and halfway between the spoke and the wheel lip on the flat part. Then again that would be to easy lol.....

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
some places will repair aluminum wheels. i know that we have a place here in central indiana that will

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello Moose, I think im going to have to try that repair route. I left messages at both places that backwoods electric knew of and no replies and this ugly stock spare gray wheel is killin me to have to run lol....but still looking for 1 thru 4 of them if anyone has any....

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
still no luck?

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well actuclly just got back from a rim repair shop in allentown and after 180.00 and an hr of waiting both sides had been ground into a v shape (inside and outside) and tig welded in so its repaired and man it costs more then I exspected but they did an awesome job. Once I polish the outside where they filled it in youll never tell where it was fixed. outstanding people there and well worth the trip down.

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
good deal man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts