Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 6.0 and I love the truck but this motor sucks my husband has a 99 7.3 and it’s badass but my 6.0 lurches when u first get goin and after I get on it it quits I have changed the fuel filter and it didn’t fix so any suggestions

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Lots of possibilities here, so we're going to need a little more info. Do you have a good scanner? If not, get an OBDII adapter and some apps for your phone. The apps you'll want are TorquePro and FORScan. If you have an android you will need this

If you have an iPhone, you will need thisiPhone adapter

The apps aren't too difficult to figure out. For either one you will need to load Ford specific updates, but once you've got it set up, scan the truck for codes. I recommend using FORScan because it has the ability to get to more codes than Torque does.

Once you have those codes, post them up for us and we can start diagnosing. Also, at a bare minimum, you should have a fuel pressure gauge installed. There is no way to monitor fuel pressure through the computer, so you have to install the sensor, wiring, and gauge itself. Fuel pressure is one of the critical items which must be maintained, and can cause all sorts of issues if it isn't kept steady (ish) and above 50PSI.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Forgot to mention...there are other brands of OBDII adapters out there, and many will work just fine. Some will work well for a while. Some just suck! lol This brand is what a lot of folks recommend for its reliability and compatibility.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Might need new sparks pkugs...just kidding. All seriousness your truck should smoke his 7.3 unless his has some work & yours is stock. I have a 06 that I bought about a year ago that was bone stock. It would take off smoothly with no issues. I have done a little 4" turbo back, blue spring for fuel pressure, egr delete, sct tuner with gearhead srl. Truck runs surprisingly strong & still smooth. I'd look in to the blue spring, updated stand pipes and dummy plugs, & updated stc fitting if your truck doesn't have it. A good exhaust also helps them run a little cooler & frees up a few horsepower. My coworker has a 99 7.3 with an old superchips tuner & it's no comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts