Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hvac man
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ate lumpia when I was in Guam back in the early 80's and it was incredible. My wife found a recipe for it and made some tonight and it was incredible! Only thing missing was the sauce. We had almost like a salsa to dip it in. Has anybody ever had it and what kind of sauce did you have with it? Lumpia is a fillipino egg roll kind of thing and I can't find it here anywhere. Any info would be appreciated. If anybody would like the recipe I can post it in the recipe thread. Thanks guys.:D

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Hell I thought you were talking about a lumpa, like a umpa lumpa...

·
Big Island Powerstroke
90 Posts
just mix some vinegar, chopped garlic or ginger and black pepper, thats a pretty simple sauce for lumpia, they also have this sauce you can buy in the store Mae Ploy? not to sure on the exact name, id grab the bottle and look for the name but i have to buy some more. lumpia is a very popular dish in hawaii for "pupu" or snacks for when we drink or have partys

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
I work with a Filipeano dude and he brough some to work a few weeks back. That stuff is wonderful, I like with most exotic foods, I did t ask what was in it.

·
Big Island Powerstroke
90 Posts
i usually just cook ground beef and those packets with the stir fry vegetables as the filling, wrap them and fry them, easy as that lol

·
hvac man
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have the wife look for the sauce your talking about or maybe make her own as was described earlier. Thanks for the help. It's been a long time since I had some and I could not think of what the sauce was like back then. We ordered them from the n.c.o. club on Andersen AFB on Guam.

·
I'll take a double Crown.
86 Posts
they serve lumpia in the navy all the time. there are quite a few filipinos in the navy. lumpia is amazing. however the best lumpia i had was in the filipines. but on the boats they usually serve it with sweet and sour sauce. no special sauce or anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts