Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new lug nuts for my stock Alcoa wheels. I know they are 9/16 thread.
What I have found is, conical bulge and duplex acorn style nuts.

Anyone the difference or what is correct for Alcoa's?

Thanks-
Jeff

·
Registered
59 Posts
I need some new lug nuts for my stock Alcoa wheels. I know they are 9/16 thread.
What I have found is, conical bulge and duplex acorn style nuts.

Anyone the difference or what is correct for Alcoa's?

Thanks-
Jeff
ditto... im about to put the alcoas back on mine and want to know the same...

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I've found the ones called "duplex" don't have as much taper surface to contact the rims; I think they're made for "mag" type aftermarket rims. Either the "conical" or "conical bulge" should work. But if you're talking about chrome capped nuts, be mindful of the length. The "long" ones are usu. about 1.6-1.75", and they're long enough for the front lug studs, but NOT for the rears (on our '95 4x4 SRWs, anyway). You'll need the "XXL" ones, at least 2" long. Or, as said, if you're going with caps that cover the lug nuts, just go with the open-ended nuts.

·
Old guy from the old days
263 Posts
I looked several places for the longer nuts and could not find them until I went to one specific tire supply house - they ordered them in for me. What you find at the parts stores usually is just a bit too short and will bottom out on the end of the stud before they seat the wheel. It has been long enough I don't recall which one could get them but most could not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you look on the Alcoa website the actually specify a lug nut to use. I believe SouthWest Wheel has the correct ones. They are zinc plated and come with a chrome plastic cover.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I need 2" long, 60 degree taper.
I just can't figure out the difference between "conical bulge" and "duplex acorn" style nuts.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
i think that if its a 60 degree seat, 7/16 thread, that it will work. just what i think

·
Registered
110 Posts
The duplex style is the one you want use, its threaded on the outside so you can use the chrome cover. Conical style is all chrome and is a reduced size most likely to 3/4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts