Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, we will be lowering the Excursion. :D

What will this process intel with a 4x4? I am thinking 2 inches, max.

Thanks,

Diane

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
To tall to get into?

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
you need to look at the front axle and see how far you can go.....

That is the ONLY deciding factor in a excursion.....The axle hits the crossmember.

There is NO lowering kit for a 4wd usually, specially not an Ex.

You can have the front springs dearched, or try a flip axle, but that is going to be ALOT of drop, and I think would hit the crossmember....Prob the best way would be to have new springs made/dearched. Rear.....not sure but does the Ex have a block? just swap it out for a shorter one.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Or you could just get bigger rims and tires and have the illusion its lowered. :DDosent kelderman have a air bag lowering kit for the x's

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Running boards, they make it appear to ride lower.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys...

I have the big rims and low profile tires already. Running boards came on it. I think it would look good just 2 more inches lower. I have also read around the forums that it makes it ride better on long trips.

Diane

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
Thanks guys...

I have the big rims and low profile tires already. Running boards came on it. I think it would look good just 2 more inches lower. I have also read around the forums that it makes it ride better on long trips.

Diane
Only if it's not so low that you're hitting the bumpstops!

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
If you de-arch the springs it will ride rougher. It would be just like an OBS if you did that. (washboards or lots of bumps will walk you sideways!) :eek:
At that point your smoother ride is gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts