Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my truck. I had it lowered 3/4 with a DJM kit. Now I need to decide if I want to keep my running boards or not.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks good...

I say OFF!!!!

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
Thats one good lookin dually!! Its hard to tell what it would look like with em off. take them off and if you dont like then just put that back on

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thats one good lookin dually!! Its hard to tell what it would look like with em off. take them off and if you dont like then just put that back on
Its easy...In the before and after pic, just hold a 12" straight edge over running boards in pic....No need to remove to decide......

ITS CLEAR TO EVERYONE....TAKE THEM OFF!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
I had the same running boards on my dually and took them off. I actually did it because they made it look like it sat higher. Probably not what you want, but I say take them off.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks good Tim, take them off on the wife's side and see how much trouble you get in when she hast o climb in and out a few times. THAT will be your answer.;)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
damn I love that truck, very nice looking, either way I think would look good, with them on it will save on rock chips etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Trying to decide the same thing on the same truck! As said before the short wife has nixed the idea... lol

Cory

·
Registered
248 Posts
My wife is 5'4" and can get in my truck....She can even put my daughter in her car seat!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I say leave them on, it looks lower with them and I do believe that's what your going for.

On another note you should put the bumpers in your sig.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I had the same running boards on my dually and took them off. I actually did it because they made it look like it sat higher. Probably not what you want, but I say take them off.
I did the same thing on my old dually.

also I think the running boards make the truck look very dated personally

·
Registered
158 Posts
My .02 ditch em, sick Dually tho!!!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Ditch them,the visor, tails and maybe a roll pan. Imho the truck would be perfect except for maybe the mirrors but that's a tough one

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
one of these days, I'll be taking ownership of my FILs very,very nice 97 2WD shortbus. I'd want to put a lowering kit on it also, but I cant stand the thought of not being able to get underneath it without a lift or jack... ive gotten waay too used to just sliding under :( The cost of being lowered

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
one of these days, I'll be taking ownership of my FILs very,very nice 97 2WD shortbus. I'd want to put a lowering kit on it also, but I cant stand the thought of not being able to get underneath it without a lift or jack... ive gotten waay too used to just sliding under :( The cost of being lowered
I fit under my lighting just fine. And that is lower than that

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
we'll see-- 2-3" may not be too bad. Until I wrestle it out of his hands, it won't matter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts