Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pocket was nice enough to help me out today and scan my truck with AE. Just wanted to get some opinions on what we found. At WOT in my high setting my HPO took a huge dive down to about 1500psi. Duty Cycle was at around 90%. Oil temp was almost to 210* and it was only about 50* outside. I do have a 15* pump with about 270k miles on it, so I know it is worn out. Just curious if all these together relate to a worn pump or if I possibly have other issues to look at. And thanks again Curtis for the help today.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I would say yes, it's definately worn out. In my dp 60T mine would only hold [email protected]% dc. I replaced it with an Adrenaline and now in 60T @ wot it peaks @3250 & holds 3000-3100 @ wot. You and your eng will love it. Well worth the cost. I would start with that and data log it again and see what it's doing. Just my $.02. I'm no diesel tech but it sure helped my truck.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I would say yes, it's definately worn out. In my dp 60T mine would only hold [email protected]% dc. I replaced it with an Adrenaline and now in 60T @ wot it peaks @3250 & holds 3000-3100 @ wot. You and your eng will love it. Well worth the cost. I would start with that and data log it again and see what it's doing. Just my $.02. I'm no diesel tech but it sure helped my truck.
:whs:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know it's worn out, I guess what I'm wondering is if the fact that the EOT was a bit high does that suggest other possible issues or would just the fact that the pump is trying so hard to get the pressure up raise EOT? 1500psi is very low, so I know it could be as easy as my pump being that bad, but could there be other things such as leaks in the system or something that I'm not seeing that could be contributing to this combination of readings?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
how is the lpop? Are you running low on the dash guage?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Just another ?. Try the Adrenaline, you'll like it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I will. I have been wanting to upgrade forever anyway, I was sure my pump was weak, but it just felt even weaker recently which is why I wanted to scan it. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything that these numbers indicate. I don't want to just throw a pump on it when there could be other little problems hiding, that a new pump might hide or make worse or something. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Locate a good 17 degree pump and be done with it. That Early 99 will do fine.

Also, are your injector O rings original?
I had just e-mailed you the other day and we were talking about your modded 17. Just need to get some spare cash and get one to you.

As far as injector O rings, all I know is that I haven't replaced them in the two years I've owned the truck. They very easily could be original.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Well, swap the pump first, since it's in your plans anyway. Then data log it again. If you still have a pressure problem with a good pump, then pull the valve covers. :doh:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully I will be giving you a call sooner than later. And as long as stuff quits breaking and messing up my plans, the valve covers will be coming off anyway for some bigger injectors. No point in having a better pump without putting it to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts