Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my 1st post and hopefully someone can help me. I have had many ford diesels over the years with almost no problems. I am currently having a problem with a 2014, 6.7, f-550. About 8 months(12k miles) ago the fuel pump went in the truck and was replaced by the dealer. A week ago the low fuel pressure warning appeared again so i brought it back to the dealer. They put the truck on the scanner and looked at the fuel filter, the primary was full of black debris. I was told that the tank was becoming delaminated and should be replaced, but the tanks were on backorder, and was not under warranty. I told them to put the filter back and i would replace the filter and tank. I immediately changed the filters, which seemed to fix it for about 5 miles, then the 'low fuel presure' warning came on. I then got a Titan tank and changed it, then changed the filter again and erased the codes. It was fine at idle for 10 minutes and for about 2 miles, then the same thing. I haved checked for leaks, made sure the filter was tight and even changed it again. Everytime the filter was changed I cycled the fuel 8 times and the truck started right up. Hoping for some help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Check the pump inlets for debris, it could be stopped up or pump might be damaged due to debris.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts