Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trucks lifted. Headlights are up there. May haul rear heavy loads. Seems like the nice thing to do is mount low beams around the bumper area so they aren't crazy bright while in city. Thinking I'd like to go retrofit projectors 05-07 for those dark open roads, and aim the built in low beams angled out for deer, and only use them when needed. I'm sure I'll get into a wiring nightmare later, but I wanna see a non-fog light low beam, mounted down low. Bad idea?

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
No, it's a great idea. I hate those bastards that put their beams right in everybody else's eyes, endangering everyone else out on the road. Pricks. Either lower your sh*t or aim them down or relocate them or something.

I'm glad somebody has the foresight to look beyond their on vanity on this subject. Good on ya.

·
Administrator
8,181 Posts
i think it should be legal to take a baseball bat to the headlights on trucks with those damn bright blue bulbs that blind everyone within 3 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about adjusting the beams to correct for the lift? Most lift kits level the truck which naturally raises the beam.

btw, I'm all for the baseball bat idea.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the headlights will be aimed correctly, but if I go bright, I don't think it'd matter how I aimed them... And I don't wanna get batted at. low beam in fog light for would be a seller for me. A diy retrofit would be ideal. Seems I'm not the only one thinking it.

·
Administrator
8,181 Posts
when i get one of them a-wholes behind me i flip on my reverse lights.
i have 2 6 led flat lights under the bumper corners, a 3 led takedown light in the overhead bar, and 2 1900 lumen square lights on the sides of the headache rack.
they light up 100 foot behind the truck like daylight.

·
Administrator
8,178 Posts
I would be worried about getting pulled over all the time for not having my lights on.

If you properly aim your lights, there is no need to move them down. Unless your lifted stupid high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts