Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all im new to the site from San Angelo area. Iv got a 96 sclb psd 5 speed 4x4, setting a p0476 for ebp performance and it smokes all the time... Heavy haze at idle and constent while driving only mods are 4 inch mbrp exhaust.
buzz tested injectors and all sound the same and then did koer dtc check and p0476 set but i think this is common for these trucks jsut looked at a few other places to see what people were pulling up for the dtc
fyi it needs a flywheel bad! Any help on the smoke and bad mpg would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hello all im new to the site from San Angelo area. Iv got a 96 sclb psd 5 speed 4x4, setting a p0476 for ebp performance and it smokes all the time... Heavy haze at idle and constent while driving only mods are 4 inch mbrp exhaust.
buzz tested injectors and all sound the same and then did koer dtc check and p0476 set but i think this is common for these trucks jsut looked at a few other places to see what people were pulling up for the dtc
fyi it needs a flywheel bad! Any help on the smoke and bad mpg would be great.
Thanks
Welcome, Sounds like the EBP valve is sticking shut or half shut. At that point you're not getting much boost, that could account for the smokey haze while idling and driving and would definitely account for an increase in EGT's.

Does it sound like a jet engine while under power? The EBPV is used to restrict the exhaust while the engine warms up on cold starts.

If your DTC is P0476 and is set in KOER, then I would suspect the sensor is malfunctioning. That is unless you removed the turbo recently. You should be looking at the EBPV linkage and valve. The valve actuator is on the turbo ped as is the linkage that runs from the Ped to the EBPV off the turbo exhaust housing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts