Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck runs great, then the other morning, i went to start it. It turned over revved really high, idled rough,blew a bunch of black smoke,engine light turned on and overdrive blinking so I turned it off. Started again, same thing. Pulled codes p0562,p1280,p0122,p1231and p0603. Thought this was odd for all codes at the same time. Saw 0603 so i changed the cam sensor with my back up, turned it on all worked great again. A few days later same thing, same codes. i went and got a brand new cps and also a few days later same thing. Tested batteries and their both under a year old and read 12.5-12.6. Hope its not the GEM Module. What do you guys think? Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
After a few funky issues I almost always check the UVCG harness' when things aren't right. Had burnt pins, loose connectors, etc all cause wierd problems...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the response. I did check the VC gasket and all looks good. So i started wiggling all the wires and then the truck stalled out when i moved the IPR wire. I unplugged the connector and the wires were bare, burnt and touching. Bought a new pigtail from international, repaired and started right up. Ill do some driving tomorrow to test. Thanks again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update !!! We'll I finally figured it out. It was throwing a p0603 code. After some searching, I read a lot about the PCM disconnecting. So I figured I would unplug it and check the pins. Pins looked good on the connector so I pulled out the PCM. Went to look at the pins and found a Banks bigg hoss module. Long story short, pulled it reconnected the PCM and all is fine again and no more codes. Bought the ex used so the salesman had no idea. The ex also came with a Banks trans command. It was tripping codes for selenoid pack on tranny. Disconnected it, code went away. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.