Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has an '02 7.3 with 109k miles on it, started getting hard to start, then now it will start but rocks horribly and is missing. I told him it sounded like it dropped an entire bank of cylinders due to a bad valve cover gasket/harness....

so he started the truck and unplugged the driver side harness, engine died immediately. Started it back up unplugged the passenger side harness and there was no change. So, he purchased a new Felpro gasket/harness, installed it and got no change??

What would kill the whole bank that is not the harness/gasket?

What should we look for?

Any hints or tips to try?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
A friend of mine has an '02 7.3 with 109k miles on it, started getting hard to start, then now it will start but rocks horribly and is missing. I told him it sounded like it dropped an entire bank of cylinders due to a bad valve cover gasket/harness....

so he started the truck and unplugged the driver side harness, engine died immediately. Started it back up unplugged the passenger side harness and there was no change. So, he purchased a new Felpro gasket/harness, installed it and got no change??

What would kill the whole bank that is not the harness/gasket?

What should we look for?

Any hints or tips to try?

Thanks,
Justin
id check for voltage at the pins on the harness side, make sure u are getting votage that far

·
Registered
143 Posts
one of two things,,,the harness on that side is toast, or his idm has went bad..i would do a stated above,,,check the voltage first

·
Well Hung Member
635 Posts
yea, make sure that the harness is actually getting power to it, i prolly woulda tried the same thing as far as replacing it first,...hm, maaaybe rodent damage on the harness going to it? happens waaay too often,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts