Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost power to the windows in my '01 F-350. I've got power at the breaker, the breaker shows continuity but I don't have power at the switch. It was working when I dropped it to a shop to have the oil pan replaced, they used the method of cutting the crossmember, didn't lift the cab. The last thing I did when I parked the truck there yesterday was raise the window up. Is there a likely spot I should look before crawling around under the dash trying to trace it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would start in the wire loom between the drivers door and the piller. most of the time the wires break from opening and closing the door.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
do you have an aftermarket alarm that locks and unlocks the doors?

mine did this and it was the 2 relays that they wired in, one had come loose, took me forever to find it, tucked away under the kickpanel on my passenger door, but mine is an obs.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Do you have any other funny electrical things happening? A bad GEM can cause that

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't noticed anything else, do you know what might be effected? I can check it out. I was wondering if there was some module that might have been effected by the welding done to the truck. Where would I find this module? I can check power in and out on it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got back at it today and determined the power mirrors weren't working either and that I had no power to them. Went back to the owners manual and found the fuse listed for the mirrors, #4 which is 10 amps. The windows weren't listed as part of that circuit but I checked the fuse and lo and behold, it was blown. As I replaced the fuse, I heard a relay click under the dash and power to both the mirrors was restored. I'm glad it was that easy, it seems there's a relay for both accessories to be powered.Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts