Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 641,400 miles I feel it's time for a different truck. 98% sure I'm purchasing a 06' F250 CCLB 4x4 Lariat/FX4.
163,400 miles
New batteries in Jan
New injectors, egr, & turbo approximately 18k mile ago.
Service records to be verified of course.

Pwr/ heated captain seats
Moon Roof
Navigation
Dvd/Cd
Satellite Radio
5th wh & gooseneck
Adjustable pedals
Up fitter switches
Pwr Sliding rear window
New tires

metallic blue/gray bottom. Gray interior.
Was asking $21,000. Asked bottom dollar if I bought it in the morning $18,000 was his reply.......may try even cheaper. I'll use my Torque App to scan for codes. Will watch live data as well.

Truck will get an exhaust, delete, ficm tune, tunes (mild till studs), up dates if not done. Will be used 97% to haul new RV trailers to dealerships & Featherlite trailers. Scared a bit, but excited. My 7.3 will get a makeover in coming months. My oldest turns 16 March.....is claiming it lol

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Here is a pic.......hoping the graphics don't leave lasting marks. They were only on for 34k. May have one of my body man friends wet sand it anyhow.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
421 Posts
It looks like a beautiful truck. The price seems a bit high still, but not crazy. Report back when it's in your driveway!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up my 06 lariat CCSB f350 with same options and a 6" fabtech lift for 14,500 it was 139000 miles. 18 isn't too bad but over 20 is way too much.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waiting on Credit Union for loan paperwork. Lady says we probably won't be able to close till Tuesday due to Monday being President's Day....errrrr!

Things truck will need #5 injector. Stupid dealership replaced only 7. Shows a very slight cylinder imbalance at idle on scanner. Temps are almost identical as truck idles. U joints are original so they'll be replaced. Firestone Destination AT tires are 75% rear. About 30% front. Dvd/Navigation isn't stock, it's a Pioneer unit that was installed when truck was new. Injectors 7 of 8, egr valve, turbo blasted and repaired (boost was slow to build) 30k miles ago.
NO OTHER MECHANICAL repairs have been performed. Oil changes about every 3,000 he said.
Ficm was 48.5v
Other two Ficm readings were 14v

Agreed on $17,000.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I'd agree on 15 or 16

sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
depending on location, that price is good. My fully loaded 07 was 19k with 167k when i bought it. Needed alot of work too. Still does lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
depending on location, that price is good. My fully loaded 07 was 19k with 167k when i bought it. Needed alot of work too. Still does lol.
Here in AZ anywhere between 16-19 is avg for those miles but might be able to pick it up cheaper since it needs some work. Mine with 140k he was asking 16,500 before I made him an offer.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well in western PA, NE Indiana, OH, & MI prices are SKY HIGH!!!
One dealer had a base Lariat for $17,500.....All other F250 were $19k+....07 F350 trucks were $22k+....up to $28k

This one is loaded. Has $2900 receipt for injectors (Motorcraft).
$ 1900 bill for turbo, and $700 egr valve bill all done at like 144k, now at 174k. I spent two full days n nites trying to find a truck......way harder than I could've imagined.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One dealer had a base Lariat for $17,500.....All other F250 were $19k+....07 F350 trucks were $22k+....up to $28k

$ 1900 bill for turbo, and $700 egr valve bill all done at like 144k, now at 174k. I spent two full days n nites trying to find a truck......way harder than I could've imagined.
Well sounds like you did your homework then mine was right place at the right time kind of deal and I have been looking for months and this one just seemed right its a lariat lifted already motor is stock besides exhaust has every option navi leather etc. I was looking for new 6.7 powerstrokes and couldn't justify spending 40k on a truck so then I went looking at cummins and 5.9 cummins here with 100-150k still want 20k plus for them and I would have to stick another 4k into the trans in that truck so then I went looking at 6.4's and they were too much as well so I started playing around with the idea of picking up a 6.0 and just "Bulletproofing" it and having a diesel for under 20k. So I found the one I picked up 3 weeks ago its a 2006 F350 with 140k and the oasis report shows most of services and a FICM replaced 2 years ago so I went to look at it and it needed tires and I thought was a power steering leak at the time so I offered him 14,500 and he took it. After getting home I found out it was leaking fuel from the fuel filter so I did the blue spring mod and new o-rings and it hasn't leaked since.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I paid 24k for my 07 about 5 months ago but it had 100k, clean one owner.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just paid 13,900 for my 04 ccsb lariat in december and it had most of those options and only 117k on it with studs bulletproof egr and oil cooler but if its that clean and well taken care of id say its worth it. mine had a bit of rust on the fenders from being a new jersey truck.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts

Those prices sound in line with what i paid also (mine is a 1 ton).

It is very hard finding one that the price is right with the options you want, and where i live not a rot box! Mine had a little more miles than what i was looking for, but the interior color and exterior color with the options i wanted, i couldnt pass it up. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ain't no way I'd pay that for that truck. Seems like a cheap xl 2wd would be ideal for pullun RVs around everywhere
I need 4wd where I live and play....plus I use it a lot pulling trailers, I wanted a crew cab....tired of no room in my super cab. I also put 160-200k on each year so I want comfort. I'll probably be picking up a late model Boss 9' 2" DXT v plow as well if a guy trades in the plow. It has an new cutting edge, and every add on option. Asking $3,750 if they get it on trade. Next winter I want to sit home and not have to haul these dang trailers in these horrible conditions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts