Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 F250 6.7
130k miles

I was hauling my cooking trailer down the interstate, just like any other day, cruise set on 80, just keeping up with the flow of traffic. All of a sudden, I lost power, but hadn't heard any bumps or clangs, or anything to suggest a major issue, nor were there any gauges that were out of whack.

After setting on the side of the road for a good 15 minutes, I turned the key back to the on position, and the engine was hot, by the gauge. I let it set until cool, tried to fire her back up, and it just cranked, nothing ever fired.

From here i had the mechanics come pick it up and take it to our shop. They fired it up a day later, while I wasn't there, and instantly said the motor was shot. After asking around to some "actual" mechanics, not just our oilfield shop mechanics, I'm being told that it could be something as simple as a timing sensor.

Well, by the time I track down a good enough scanner to do a diagnostic scan to it, the batteries were dead, and it cleared all the codes.

So, my first question, has anybody ran into an issue like this while driving, and then not being able to get it to fire back up?

and secondly, is there any way to pull the codes from memory? or am i just SOL and just need to start replacing parts to find out what's wrong?

·
Super Moderator
5,279 Posts
Can you help me locate the output shaft speed sensor on my 2012 f250 6.7 super duty?
please start a new topic for help. This thread is 3 years old with no replies. But to answer your question, it’s underneath the valve body inside the transmission

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.