Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago I purchased A/E and the Ford Pack for working on my 7.3.

After I fixed my issue with the truck I put the connector back in the box and and left it in my kitchen and the wife accidental tossed it thinking the box was trash.

Will A/E sell me just the connecter? Ive still got the disk and instructions. And its all loaded on the laptop. I don't have the receipt but I do have my order confirmation email from Dennis at sinisterdiesel.com

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
assuming it was the proline connector ? see pic below
the connector is the actual unit and cost (hardware) not the software( that's free) your wife threw away a few hundred $$

I doubt you will get any love from Strictly or A/E even though both companies would normally bend over backwards

you have to at least have the damaged connector to send in

just the SN# if you found it won't be good enough IMHO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats kind of what I remember reading at some point. they dont sell replacements on there website but "they" sell refurbs on ebay.

Are the ebay plugs some type of scam and not actually auto enginuity? The seller is autoenginutysales selling refurbs for about $100. Dont want to waste the bucks if they wont work the ford expansion pack I already have.

If I have to buy the whole thing over again, is A/E still the best deal as far price and necessary functionality?

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
i updated my response while you posted sorry about that

the enhancement is tied to your connector so your likely SOL

i didn't check the ebay units but never buy anything A/E unless it's from them or a authorized reseller just because of the piracy problems

email them A/E directly and see what options they can give you
link = Contact

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not sure what connector I had. It had the older type cell phone plug on the connector and the cable was a usb plug on the other end, I remember the lights on it. I assume it was whatever was current in Jan 11'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is A/E still the best value for diagnostics for the 7.3? The truck is basically stock under the hood, and i dont have any plans to really do anything performance. Just under 200k on the truck and its got a stalling issue.

I give her hell about tossing that thing every now and then even though I havent really needed it until now. I was actually surprised yesterday, instead of apologizing again she called me a cheap ass and said we should have traded the truck in on a new one anyway.

I like my truck, Ill trade her in first.

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
i think it is still the best unit for us but I don't know if I could pony up for another unit after what happened to you ?

I save all my boxes in case I need to return something My wife has learned not to through my stuff away on purpose but I swear it is programmed into them
She still throws things away by accident nothing like dumpster diving to remind Her not to throw stuff away without asking LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the wife order me a new setup from Stictly Diesel. Kinda sucks to have to start over with it but summers here and the threat of using her VW to attempt to haul our Sundancer to the lake got her motivated to help get the ford going.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Had the wife order me a new setup from Stictly Diesel. Kinda sucks to have to start over with it but summers here and the threat of using her VW to attempt to haul our Sundancer to the lake got her motivated to help get the ford going.
Hey Jim what was that....oh just a VW being drug down a hill backwards by a sundancer....pretty common around here. Oh thanks vern.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Jim what was that....oh just a VW being drug down a hill backwards by a sundancer....pretty common around here. Oh thanks vern.
I "rigged" a hitch to the VW before it even had its first oil change and hauled a single car hauler 1600 miles back and forth from Denver CO. The wife wasnt amused when she found out the trip involved her new car and not the Ford. It actually did really well though, coming down out of the Eisenhower tunnel was a little trippy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All that for a CPS..............The original went 198,000 miles so Id say it did its job and deserved a break.

Either the v-12 of AE added alot of stuff or I never new how to use it, its crazy what it can do now. It makes my old MT2500 look like a swatch watch from the 80s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts