Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '05 F350 sc dually I bought it in July of '09 with only 12,700 mi. on it, at the time I was working in Indiana and driving around it got 14-15 mpg. and when I drove it home the lie-o-meter said 18.3 and when I did the math I came up with 18.4 so it was close and I was happy. Back in Ohio I did not drive as much on the highway and over time the log would read 12.5-13.5 and I thought that this was normal. I just went back to Indy and when I left the log read 13.6 so I thought that by the time I got to Indy it would be back up to 18 but the best it said was 14.1. So what do you think? it seems to run fine,the only things that have changed are that I have a tonneau cover on it and the turbo has been replaced by the dealer.

·
1,084 Posts
Check to see if your brakes are dragging. Fords seem particular vulnerable to that.

Reboot your ECM. Disconnect your batteries for a minute the reconnect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check the brakes time to rotate anyway. Talking to a buddy it may be as simple as I was driving faster since they raised the speed limit on the Ohio turnpike to 70mph.:shrug:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i going to say boost leak from the dealer doing the turbo swap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I had a leak would it make some kind of sound? or would I get some kind of a warning light?

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
They probably reflashed you FICM to a newer update with out telling you. They reflash them for emmisions which cost you power and mileage.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Common complaint after a dealer reflash...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts