Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crusing along and after about 15 minutes of driving, I felt a bit of a jolt and the trans neutraled out on me. (96 f250 e4od). I was only doing around 40 mph. I could feel the trans try and bump in and out of gear after shifting out of second. the OD off light never flashed. I came to a stop, put it in park, checked for fluid leaks and then took off again. had 1st, 2nd, then tried to shift to 3rd and started slipping. I drove for a few miles in manual 2 to get where I was going. The strange part...I jumped in it this morning and drove 30 miles back home and it acted like nothing had ever happened. trans shifted and drove perfectly. I checked the fluid today and it was clean. I flushed it about 5k miles ago. I have been researching this for about an hour now...but I thought I'd see if you guys had any fresh ideas. thanks.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update...Trans is out and apart. internals all look new...no wear...no issues. looks like its going back together with new valve body, solonoid pack and tourque converter. Thinking about the do it yourself acumulator body kit from mts...any thoughts? also, any feedback on a torque converter is appreciated. truck is stock tuned, stock injectors with little things done like 3 inch dp 6637, ebpv delete...but you never know what the future will bring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts