Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site, truck sitting on side of the road, all info appreciated.
2000 7.3 220,000 miles. Started out with loosing power while under load or going uphill, Would coast to a stop with rough idle, kill engine and then restart, and it will run fine for awhile. This could happen every 200 miles or could sometimes happen again immediately. At one point it would not reset, wouldn't run and ended up changing cps (from ford). Started running again and a week later, same problem. Noticed oil around icp sensor, changed sensor along with plug harness from ford and it fixed the problem for awhile. Started occasionally loosing power again under load, would run fine again after engine restart. This brings me to today. Problem started again but will not "reset". Very rough idle, no power, cant get enough power to go 50 feet on flat ground. I have unplugged the icp with no change in performance.Is there anything I can try before towing it home.

·
PSN intsigator
6,694 Posts
Sounds like the IPR to me, or there is a high pressure oil leak that just became large in volume

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site, truck sitting on side of the road, all info appreciated.
2000 7.3 220,000 miles. Started out with loosing power while under load or going uphill, Would coast to a stop with rough idle, kill engine and then restart, and it will run fine for awhile. This could happen every 200 miles or could sometimes happen again immediately. At one point it would not reset, wouldn't run and ended up changing cps (from ford). Started running again and a week later, same problem. Noticed oil around icp sensor, changed sensor along with plug harness from ford and it fixed the problem for awhile. Started occasionally loosing power again under load, would run fine again after engine restart. This brings me to today. Problem started again but will not "reset". Very rough idle, no power, cant get enough power to go 50 feet on flat ground. I have unplugged the icp with no change in performance.Is there anything I can try before towing it home.
I am also new to this site, and having very similar issues. I have a 1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3 with 230,000 miles. It loses power on uphill grades under a load at random times with a really rough idle. I have shut it down and restarted after ten minutes and it's like nothing was wrong. It has did this 5 times now, the last time hauling the tractor back home. I don't want to just start replacing parts, sort of curious what the actual problem may be. Any info you have would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am still waiting for my part to come in but when it does I will let you know

·
Registered
136 Posts
You guys can also try checking fuel pressure and pump performance. Shortly after I bought my truck I had a rough running condition caused by a weak fuel pump

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same here, rough running condition due to a bad fuel pump shortly after purchase. Could also be loose\missing IPR nut. Clogged filters or debris in the tank, had an IDM hang itself and it ran rough, seemed like it was only running on 2 cylinders when that happened. You guys both need to get some data for us to better help. What is the ICP pressure when these issues are happening?

To the OP, if you haven't towed it back yet, I'd advise you do lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay, just got able to work on truck. Changed to ipr and no change. Very rough idle and no power. Did an injector buzz test and now it shows low voltage on injector 3 and injector driver module failure. Also during reving up the engine I now have white smoke which I did not have before. Injector control pressure at idle is 481.93 psi. Icp volts 0.84, icp duty cycle 10.16%. The only other problem that has now showed up was a
P0470 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Malfunction. So I’m guessing my next step is to replace the injector driver module?

Read more at: Code P0470 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Malfunction
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do have the AutoEnginuity program for the 7.3 so if any other information is needed I can get it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts