Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 6.0 has had a lost in power recently, normal driving everything seems fine, but at WOT the truck will shift through the gears, then hold at 3000 rpm in 4th gear then doesnt shift again until i let off the gas, boost pressure has also dropped too, i topped off the coolant about 3 months ago and had to add about a gallon to it yesterday, it does the same thing stock and in a performance tune. It did this once earlier in the winter but the problem didnt happen again until recently. I need to replace the air filter, because thats way over due but that cant be causing the problem can it? it has 201,000 miles, still has factory egr and head gaskets. I cleaned up the egr valve to see if it would help with the problem but got no response from it. Also on an average temperature of lets say, 0-15 degrees, the turbo does not give any boost, like the vanes are shut, until the truck gets to operating temperature. Is this normal for the turbo? i work at a dealership and had to get an 06 6.0 started after being on the lot for a month and the turbo spooled right up, it wasnt plugged in ever and it was 2 degrees out.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Did you scan it for codes?

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, i have livewire and scanned it with that and found no codes, also have a pocket scanner that couldn't find anything either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an afe intake on order, truck has been tellin me to replace air filter for a while now and id rather buy a $250 intake system that doesnt need to be replaced ever, than spend 80 on a factory one as good as they are.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I dont think I like that idea...

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have an afe intake on order, truck has been tellin me to replace air filter for a while now and id rather buy a $250 intake system that doesnt need to be replaced ever, than spend 80 on a factory one as good as they are.
make sure you service the filter when you do out this on

·
Registered
406 Posts
its still an air filter it still gets dirty you still need to wash it

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Nothing compares to the Donaldson unless you are over 600hp

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
406 Posts
you should put honey down the side of your rig and put your stack through the dash and window :poke:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you should put honey down the side of your rig and put your stack through the dash and window :poke:
What the heck is that even supposed to mean? cleaned the map hose and fitting, had some carbon in it but wasn't plugged up, just about to go drive it now.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Check your EBP sensor and tube.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ive got egr flow out of range code and egr throttle position circuit codes showing, have new egr valve installed. Next step take off the intake manifold and clean that? Delete the egr while its off?

·
Strokin Roughneck
118 Posts
Might as well delete the egr while you have the intake off. Does your tuner support deleting the egr?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts