Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI EVERYONE SOMETHING STRANGE IS GOING ON ILL FIRST GO THREW AND TELL YOU WHAT IS ON MY TRUCK PERFORMANCE WISE. I HAVE A 5 INCH STRAIGHT EXHUAST, S&B AIR INTAKE, CCV MOD, EGR DELETE, DPF DELETE, A SPARTAN TUNER WITH ALL THE PERFORMANCE TUNES AND ALSO A RAPTOR 150 FUEL PUMP (FACTORY ONE #### THE BED AND BOUGHT A RAPTOR FOR THE SAME PRICE AS A STOCK PUMP NO BRAINER). NOW THE PUMP HAS A ADJUSTABLE REGULATOR ON IT BUT I HAVE NO FUEL GUAGE TO TELL HOW MUCH ITS PUSHING BUT DONT THINK IT MATTERS CAUSE ITS ONLY FEEDING THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP. SO HERE IS MY PROBLEM I HAVE NOTICED THAT PULLING OUT I HAVE NOW POWER IF I PUSH THE PEDDLE DOWN THE HOLE WAY IT JUST ROLLS MASSIVE AMOUTS OF BLACK SMOKE THEN AFTER A LITTLE IT FINALLY TAKES OFF ( I DONT DARE TRY PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF ANOTHER TRUCK) IT ONLY DOES THAT WHEN I SMASH THE PEDDLE DOWN IT SEEMS FINE PULLING OUT NORMAL, MY SECOND PROBLEM IS MY SPARTAN TUNER GUAGE READS THAT MY EOT (ENGINE OIL TEMP HAS BEEN RUNNING HIGH ACCORDING TO IT IT STARTS BEEPING AT 230 DEGREES AND IT WILL HIT THAT JUST DRIVING NORMAL DOWN THE TURNPIKE WHAT IS A NORMAL TEMP FOR THE EOT.

PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THE FIRST TRUCK PULLS ARE IN THREE WEEKS AND I DONT WANT TO MISS IT.

·
08 6.4
261 Posts
Eot should be about 4-6 degrees hotter than your ect. Maybe your truck is in limp mode because of the high oil temp. Sounds like your oil cooler is clogged....

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
can you monitor the exhaust back pressure and the vgt duty cycle? if you have someone turn the key on and you watch the vgt actuator under the hood you should see it open and close all the way. also if the exhaust back pressure tube or sensor is plugged it will cause this condition of the turbos not spooling properly

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill have to check that were is the back pressure tube by chance and could this have anything to do why my eot is running high I backed the programmer down to 210 and it still runs about 226-230 just driving down the highway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts