Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 f-450 that has been having some issues. It has no power even when empty about 2800 rpm. If you hold wot it will slowly climb to 3800 and shift but takes forever. Scanned with my AE and got:

p0017: Crankshaft/Camshaft corrolation bank 1 sensor B
p0275: Cylinder 5 injector circuit con/bal fault
p0278: Cylinder 6 injector circuit con/bal fault
p0401: Exh gas resirc flow insufficient deteted
U1262: scp (J1850) communication bus fault

Ficm has 48 volts, truck starts and idles ok but is not as smooth as should be.

When holding wot icp is around 3600 and inj control pressure reg is 75-80% Boost is 10-12# and never goes above 12#. No smoke from tailpipe either.

I shut off the inj one at a time and both #3 and #5 didnt seem to make any difference in the idle compared to all the rest.

And last when performing an inj buzz test you can hear it click between all the different inj but i never heard any of them buzz.

Any idea? I was thinking egr valve and have ordered on just in case but wanted to look for some other opinions since my 6.0 experience is limited.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
LOL, i read the thread title, and I was going to suggest fuel filters... im thinking its going to be a little more than just a simple filter change

·
Registered
586 Posts
What is a AE? Can you hear the turbo cycle? Unplug it does it make a difference?

Does it have a maf? I'd check for a post maf vac leak. I had a truck that the dealer had done some work on and when they put the intake back on the ccv wasn't in and it caused some funny issues to appear.

I the turbo was stuck I'd expect to see either really laggy boost or instant high boost and then power loss from back pressure.

I'd try to clean the egr before replacing it though. It's 2 bolts and some finesse to get it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts