Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 94 IDI 7.3 Turbo. Just got a brandnew rebuilt injector pump because the old ended up getting clogged. Ive drove it about 150 miles and about 50 ago you could start to see the oil pressure was goin down. If it would idle it would hol pressure but if you got on it more it would start to loose it.The truck burns or uses a little oil but the last time i checked it it was a bit higher. What could it be? How would diesel fuel be getting in there?

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
if you are indeed getting diesel in the engine oil, then the diaphragm in the fuel pump is split. time for a new fuel pump.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ok I have the same problem but I haven'treplaced any thing where is that pump located and what is the thing I have at the front of the motor with the fuel lines that go TO the injectors so if anybody can help pleas I'm 400 miles from home and I go back tomorrow

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
the supply pump in on the front passenger side of the block.
the thing with all the lines coming out of it on top front of the engine is the injector pump.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How bad is it for your motor if the fuel pump is leaking into it? I think I'm having the same problem but I gotta get to work and can't fix it till the weekend. (which is not far off but I don't wanna kill a $4k motor)

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
the fuel thins the oil, reducing it's lubricity. if run for any length of time, it will wipe out the bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts