Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Powerstroke, the other morning with the windchill around -8 below and driving home my fuel filter light came on and my motor started loosing power as if it was running out of fuel. I switched tanks and it started back up and took off, thinking maybe it was my sending unit because the previous owner had problems with it I switched it back to the original tank to test it and immediately it lost power as if no fuel like before so I switched back to the second tank and it wouldn’t start just roll over and sputter as if wanting to start. I figured my fuel jelled up so the next day I added 911 to the fuel bowl which was not froze and filter looked good and added 911 to the two tanks plus Howes diesel treatment and all it did was sputter...temp was above freezing and windchill above 0. I let it sit for a couple days of warmth, the temp was above 50 with sunshine and went back to see if it would start and it just sputtered, by that time I had to put jumper cables on it. What could be my problem?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
No fuel in that tank.

You don't say what the fuel level was when the problem started to happen. If you know that you have fuel in the tank then I would suspect that the pickup foot has either fallen off or is rotten in that tank. Fill it up and see just how much fuel it takes.

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
I'm willing to bet the fuel pickup as well. Fill it up with fuel and see if it starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts