Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this issue with my truck a number of times now and it has only ever happened when I take my truck through the car wash. I will have the truck in park and it will go into a high idle and my accelerator pedal just goes dead and will not take any input whatsoever. It will throw the U0100 and U0115 codes which I know is loss of communication with ECU/PCM and I will get the wrench icon. Restarting and clearing the code doesn't help, but changing the tune on the programmer does seem to straighten things out. It has happened 4 times over the last month and always under the same circumstances. I just had head studs installed, Ive got an EGR delete, DPF and Cat delete, etc running an SCT Livewire tuner with the corresponding tunes given my upgrades. I've heard similar issues with this tuner but it just seemed strange to me that it only happens when I get my truck washed... Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
sounds like water is getting in the connection. try unhooking them and checking for water.

why it staights out when you change tunes no idea

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to tear into it this week and throw some dielectric grease on all of my connections and hope its an easy fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts