Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Clear a path!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry bare with me but it has seems Im loosing top end speed acts to me like it is possibly defueling ? As I run through the gears it's fine until say 4th 5th Im running a 3:73 rear end. im running around 30-40 ish lbs of boost.The fuel clears in 4th 5th gear, before it wouldnt? Im running a 38r with defuser boost fooler, swamps tunes, stock sticks, fuel reg has been shimmed,spearco Ic.
I have changed fuel filter, checked codes and there are non no ses light nothing. I was wondering if my hpop is weak or fuel pump ? I have sticks wating to install along with full fuel system but would like to get it fuigured out before then.

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think your on the right path with the HPOP.. That is what mine did..or IPR

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
When you say loosing power do you mean it flattens out where it stops pulling or are you speaking of something more abrupt.

What boost are you running when this happens? 30-40 is kind of large range.

Are you hitting those same boost numbers in other gears that you are not having those symptoms?

What RPM does it happen at?

·
Clear a path!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you say loosing power do you mean it flattens out where it stops pulling or are you speaking of something more abrupt.

What boost are you running when this happens? 30-40 is kind of large range.

Are you hitting those same boost numbers in other gears that you are not having those symptoms?

What RPM does it happen at?

as far as loosing power it is more as in when power clibs then it stops as in not gaining anymore speed.

Icp is at 5-650 range. I have not checked the ipr , and yes the boost relatively stays the same rowing the gears.

rpm is roughly 2k-2.5k range.
maybe this info will help in finding my problem

thanks guys

·
Clear a path!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The icp is 1,440 ish at WOT, if it matters pw is 6.61.
I came up with some codes icp above below desired , cylinder balance fault 3 and 8.

thanks

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
The icp is 1,440 ish at WOT, if it matters pw is 6.61.
I came up with some codes icp above below desired , cylinder balance fault 3 and 8.

thanks
1440psi is too low at WOT. it should be around 2600psi or more. what was the IPR DC%?????

i'm going to say it's the HPOP...

·
Clear a path!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well shoot ill have to save for a gen 3 I suppose unless someone else can make anything else of the info givin LOL

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
well shoot ill have to save for a gen 3 I suppose unless someone else can make anything else of the info givin LOL
what injectors are you switching to??? if they are single shots then i bet you can run an adrenaline or a Terminator modded 17* a lot cheaper and both will do just fine. :D

·
Clear a path!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have swamps 250/30% Ive had for 4 months LOL I would run an adrenaline or termy but I might be going bigger next summer, such as compounds and a complete engine assembly.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes your ICP is very weak.

Also your PW seems very long too. Someone with more experience needs comment on that.

I know I have read where in some cases its possible for that to cause a number of issues.

Would that not completely empty and then some a 250CC injector which would;t that be too much fuel. So you are using up your oil to push more fuel than needed. If you cut back the PW and save some of that oil. You would still get all the fuel need and have some extra oil.

I am not saying the HPOP is not weak as it sure looks to be but that could at least increase the performance father than trying to waste it dumping all the fuel and then some that it can not use. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I have not installed the 250cc injectors yet..I think I know what ur saying....lamest terms (call swamps) LOL

so are you saying you still have stock injectors in there? You are running a 6.61 PW? From what I understand they are completely empty at 3.5 maybe a bit more. From what Swamps and [email protected] PHP said taking both their info if you have the injectors that are leaking at the poppet seat it will leak HPOP oil combine with holding the PW past what it needs to empty you are causing drop in HPOP. AS with stock you are wanting all the fuel then my comment above do not fit exactly as I understand how it works but you still do not want to more PW than what it takes to empty that stock injector which is around 3.5. I would get the exactly flow number and PW needed from Dave /Swamps so your tuners can have those numbers to tune off of.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts