Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought my turbo going out caused all the oil to be drained out of the engine as well as my mechanic. i replaced it with the garrett ball bearing gtp38r and in two days it seems to have lost all the oil almost again. it has no leaks, so where is the oil going? i could really use some help on this one. Thanks

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
would there be anything else? because i'm pretty sure those were just recently replaced by the guy i bought the truck from
If it's not leaking or smoking, then it's ending up in the fuel.

And it could very well be the injector o-rings, even if they were recently replaced. Here's a picture of one of my injectors with only a couple hundred miles AFTER I replaced injector o-rings. All 8 of them were like this, and it's what happens when you don't buy the OEM o-ring kit:

If you are still wondering, drain your fuel bowl. I bet the fuel is dark and has oil in it.

·
Your Daddy
198 Posts
You can tell which side by pulling the HPOP hose and fuel lines off the head, in=stalling an air fitting in the HPOP hose hole and pressurizing.

I would change all 8 one time to be safe. Better to do it once than 8 times....

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Yep, if you find oil in the fuel, then you know you have an injector o-ring problem. Best to do all 8 rather than searching for one, fixing it, and hoping the others don't have the same problem.

Especially since you're losing so much oil so quickly. I'd bet at that rate, it's more than one injector.

·
Registered
410 Posts
International and ford are charging 19 and 17 dollars respectively, per injector (at least where I'm located) I got a complete set of 8 on ebay MUCH cheaper. Start there, Make sure to get OEM!

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
i didnt see any oil in the fuel.. any other suggestions before i either get into the engine or run the truck off a cliff?
It has to be going somewhere.

The only way you can lose that much oil without a leak, and without blowing out a lot of noticeable smoke is for it to go into the fuel.

If that much oil goes into the combustion chamber, intake, or exhaust in any other way, you would notice smoke.... especially at idle or taking off from idle.

So, if there's no oil in the fuel, then is there smoke?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 f250 7.3l and im burning a TON of oil VERY quickly. Just had turbo rebuilt and new oem injector rings put in. STILL loosing ALL my oil VERY quickly with no leaks. Put oil cap upside down cam didnt move. So very little blow by. Fuel in fuel filter is really dark. But how? Slightly smokes at idol. But no leaks on ground under the truck and valley is dry. Im lost.. 🤷

·
Project Shamu
2,718 Posts
I have a 2000 f250 7.3l and im burning a TON of oil VERY quickly. Just had turbo rebuilt and new oem injector rings put in. STILL loosing ALL my oil VERY quickly with no leaks. Put oil cap upside down cam didnt move. So very little blow by. Fuel in fuel filter is really dark. But how? Slightly smokes at idol. But no leaks on ground under the truck and valley is dry. Im lost.. 🤷
The above thread goes over it several times that your injector orings are bad. Even if they are new, they could have been installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I have a 2000 f250 7.3l and im burning a TON of oil VERY quickly. Just had turbo rebuilt and new oem injector rings put in. STILL loosing ALL my oil VERY quickly with no leaks. Put oil cap upside down cam didnt move. So very little blow by. Fuel in fuel filter is really dark. But how? Slightly smokes at idol. But no leaks on ground under the truck and valley is dry. Im lost..
I'd say that you cut a injector O ring when they were installed

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replys. That has been my thoughts. But seeing how old the thread is i was hoping that someone might have something new to add. Just for curiosity is there any other ways that oil can get into the fuel besides injector o-rings?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Not really other than dumping oil into the fuel tank.

As for the old thread it is usually best to start a new one instead of piggybacking on top of one that is 9 years old.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts