Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since it has been cold out I have been losing fuel pressure. Before at WOT I was at 54 or so and now I'm down to almost 45. That's in a months span. Is my hpop taking a crap or is it because it's been cold? It still idles at 60 or so. Any inputs?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Do you have the blue spring upgrade? Most likely you need either that or a new fuel pump. Mine is also a little lower in the cold for some reason but still never goes below 60 even at WOT

·
Registered
652 Posts
You need 1 or all 3 :eek:
1. New Blue Spring
2. New pump
3. Filters
2 stroker

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really hoping it's not a fuel pump but if it is are they hard to replace? Either way I'm replacing my filters this weekend and I just ordered the blue spring so hopefully that will jump me to 70psi.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm.... Well hopefully my filters being changed helps a lot. But tonight I'm gonna get drunk! So it will have to wait until Saturday!

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah y'all don't know this guy when jack gets in the system!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I changed my filters and now I only have 10 psi..... I don't understand. Some one please guide me to greatness

·
Registered
652 Posts
This may be a dumb question but you did use Ford filters
2 stroker

·
Registered
756 Posts
That's weird. What kind of gauge are you using? My glowshift will give random readings every now and then, but then again they're always higher not lower.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I let it idlemfor a bit and it jumped up. I'm sittin at 62 at idle and 56 at WOT. Sound good? Or should I still install the spring?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Idle for*** the captain stole my fingers for a bit :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mmmmmkay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts